Available: Live Capture Training

Jelendeer

We are pleased to announce that we have two spaces left on our LANTRA APPROVED Live Capture, Immobilisation & Live Deer Handling Course to be held in Oxfordshire form the 19th -22nd August, and six places left for our course scheduled for the 2nd, 3rd & 4th September at Houghton Estate, Norfolk.

This course will include lectures from:

Mike Allison - Professional Live Capture Operator
Bob Lawrence - Animal Keeper - West Midlands Safari Park
Jonathan Cracknell - Wildlife Anaesthetist - Director of Longleat Safari Park

The course, developed by Mike Allison (Jelen Deer Services), is the UK's first and only Nationally Recognised qualification in Live Capture & Chemical Immobilisation.

Please contact mike.allison@jelendeer.com for more details

Guys,

The last course ran was at my place and can certainly say it was well worth it. Even if you didn't have a major interest in darting lots of animals, Mike and his team of lectureres showed some fantastic examples of incidents in live capture both in the wild and captivity and was fascinating for someone involved in animals.

I have just applied for the relevant firearm variation parts to get some darting equipment and on mentioning the course and the lantra award there were very few other loops to jump through.

Highly recommended and sadly not on commission.

Regards,

Alex

hi there im interested in your course but it seams that you only run them down south witch i think is not very good what about other people that are in the rest of the contry like the midlands or the north?
i did hear you was goning to run one in the midlands but pulled out?

dweeb

Hi Dweeb,

Many thanks for your interest. I would like to inform you that we will run courses anywhere in the country where they are needed. We have just last weekend run a training course in Lancashire, and are willing to cater for clients requiring one-to-one courses - as we have recently done.

I also would like to inform you that the course in the Midlands was run on a private park, and not at Calton Moor Range as was originally planned. Our next course in August is only 68 miles from you. If you are interested then please let me know.

We also run one-to-one courses too so are happy to provide this facility at your own property. For this we would need only a lecture room, and somewhere to demonstrate safe dart loading and the use of dart projection equipment. We are able to provide a demonstration of live darting of deer only on properties that have a captive deer herd, and where the darting is necessary (de-antlering, trans-location etc.)

It would be both unethical and illegal for us to dart any animal just for the sake of demonstration, which is why our scheduled courses are run at locations and times where this work is a vital part of routine management.

Please do get in touch if you require any further information.

Many thanks,

Mike
(Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer- Committed to excellence

hi mike

i would be interested in your one to one if you could give me some prices and what would be involed and what i would get from the corse included in the price i would pay
thanks dweeb

Hi Mike,

You have got me booked on the Oxford course haven't you?

All the best,

Ads

Back