Dog Day Warwickshire

morena

A big thank you to Stone for yesterday's well attended dog day. Stone set up and organised this highly successful event. He even managed good weather. An introductory lecture by him and demonstration aided by Sika labrador or was it the other way around.:) He was ably supported by lectures and their practical application from jagare,markh and muddy all in their areas of expertise. Wayne showed us how to get his dog to lie at the foot of the highseat A good meal at the local pub and we even managed take aways for the dogs. Mrs Muddy kept us plied with hot drinks and biscuits. Everybody came away having learnt a great deal. In summary a well spent day and once again thank you Stone for your time and trouble.
Morena

thanks for the great day stone, i really enjoyed it :D
I learned a lot about tracking and how to do it.
Cheers
Brent

thank you norman and everyone else for your kind words , pm's and phonecalls, i am recieving , concerning the day
i would also like to thank the SD site for allowing me to arrange the day, through the site,
Special thanks go to Muddy for a great display of skins and talk on shot placement, by using a full body mount of a roe buck muddy was able to point out all critical areas of both good and bad shot placement, also thanks to sylvia for keeping a constant supply of tea, coffe and biscuits for us all

special thanks to jagare and halaina, for a wonderfull contribution , of which we spent most of the evening discussing in great depth while they got me drunk

special thanks to Mark H, i was suitably impressed, a good display on how to track a blood trail,

and thank you all that made the time and effort to join on the day with all the different species of dogs that were brought along, i for one definately learn't some thing new from the day
many thanks to you all for such a great day
Stone

Excellent day and well worth the trip, amicable company, well presented event. In all I've had a great weekend topped off this morning with a 14 point big daddy red. Thanks Stone for your efforts, to all who attended best wishes I think we all learned something.
Regards Trapper

THANKS Stone for a very well organized day ,and to everybody that contributed to the day , enjoyed meeting and talking to a lot of very knowledgeable stalkers :D thanks again for a great day Paul

Thank you for a fantastic day yesterday

It was great to meet everyone and I learnt a lot.

All the speakers did really well and thank you to Sylvia for the supply of tea coffee and biscuits and I look forward to seeing everyone again at the March and Shoot

Mrs Gyr

while cleaning up in the lodge today , i found a pair of black sunday best's
so if any of you went to church today wearing trainers as they were missing, then you now know where they are :lol: :lol: :lol:

Many thanks to Stone, Muddy, Mark H, Jagare and Halaina for the great demonstrations & last but not least Mrs Muddy for all the tea, coffee & biscuits.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day & look forward to next years.

Cheers all

Chris

I must say Helena and I enjoyed the day very much. i hope its sown the seeds and shown what a tracking dog can do.
I'm expecting great things from Ye Old Stalkers pup and Brents fathers puppy as well. Hope to see them as proper tracking dogs when i come back in the future.
So lets have some proper reports on how your dog is progressing. Not just a picture of it sat by a deer carcarse ;) .
so to all involved many thanks.
If anyone has any questions in the future don't hesitate to pm me.

Jagare said
must say Helena and I enjoyed the day very much. i hope its sown the seeds and shown what a tracking dog can do.
I'm expecting great things from Ye Old Stalkers pup and Brents fathers puppy as well. Hope to see them as proper tracking dogs when i come back in the future.
So lets have some proper reports on how your dog is progressing. Not just a picture of it sat by a deer carcarse .

Hi Jagare
I enjoyed your talk, excellent as the rest of the day.
I'm enjoying training my gsp but hopefully he will have nothing to do except sit by a carcase and look pretty ;)

Wayne

Wayne your dog is a handsom boy. I was looking at his face as he laid at you feet. He was looking intently at muddy's stuffed roe. It looked like he was willing to come his way so he could put it out of its misery :) .

Cheers for the great day stone, really enjoyed bringing my pup along and meeting other stalkers. I think brent (my son) learnt a lot more about tracking with dogs and got lots of good advice from alan (Jagare) about hunting and living in sweden. I hope there will be another one of these dog days as they are great for people who are new to tracking.
Thanks, Steve

Thanks to everyone involved in the dogs for deer day.As a new member of the directory i didnt know what to expect.I was made very welcome and made to feel part of the group.The day was excellent and educational.All the folk who helped were modest and full of helpfull tips.Thankyou to all for a great welcome and introduction to the directory.
psiagb. :lol:

Jagare said:
I must say Helena and I enjoyed the day very much. i hope its sown the seeds and shown what a tracking dog can do.
So lets have some proper reports on how your dog is progressing. Not just a picture of it sat by a deer carcarse ;) .
so to all involved many thanks.
If anyone has any questions in the future don't hesitate to pm me.
:) Hi, jagare thanks for that, enjoyed talking to you both I will keep you posted on " Tikka,s " progres good hunting to you both ye old stalker

Back