spaniel

my 2 year old cocker spaniel has a green discharge coming from his wee man any ideas folks
Sounds like pus from a bladder or worse still kidney infection. I strongly suggest that you visit the vet within the next day or two (especially with the Xmas break). If it is a bladder infection or urinary tract infection a relatatively cheap course of antibiotics will sort it. If it is this left untreated you will probably face a large vets bill if the kidneys get infected and you risk losing your dog.
If it was one of my (6) spaniels I would be off to the vet in the morning. atb Tim

Last edited:
Although this could be a urinary infection, it is more likely to be completely harmless. Balanoposthitis (I confess to having to check the spelling) - infection of the prepuce, is very common in young dogs. It usually self cures and frequently recurs. Treatment of mild cases is not needed. I'd only treat if there was inflammation or difficulty urinating. If you are taking him, then take a urine sample - ideally no more than an hour or so before the appointment.

Although this could be a urinary infection, it is more likely to be completely harmless. Balanoposthitis (I confess to having to check the spelling) - infection of the prepuce, is very common in young dogs. It usually self cures and frequently recurs. Treatment of mild cases is not needed. I'd only treat if there was inflammation or difficulty urinating. If you are taking him, then take a urine sample - ideally no more than an hour or so before the appointment.
I agree that this is very possible and most likely but you do have to bear in mind that if an infection spreads up the urinary tract into the kidneys this is very bad news so intervention sooner rather than later

Back