blackcock

bambislayer

DSCF0960.jpg

We're kucky enough to still have these , they're on the increase

Plenty of Black Cocks in black burn i here , and hey they are also on the increase ;)

Lovely birds

Have only seen the one 'live' lek near Comrie which was a fantastic sight and one i'll remember.

bambislayer, a lovely photo, brings back some wonderful memories of trips to Scotland back in the early 90's. For several years my wife and I used to rent a cottage on an estate near Aberfeldy. We would always go early October for the rough shooting and to be there for the start of the red rut. Our morning entertainment would be the Blackcock at the Lek behind our rented cottage. Throughout the night the red deer used to come down off the high ground to feed on the pasture, again behind our little wooden cottage. Sometimes the roaring was so close it sounded as if the stags were in the back garden. I only once stalked on the hill, saw one red stag all day, shot a small roebuck, but had a day that I will never forget. Thanks for posting the picture. Oh happy days, great memories. Cheers, Pete.

We have a few in North Wales as well. One overtook me when I was driving the other day, I was doing 50 and it cruised past.

Back