hiya im chloe, from cambridge

chloe

hi there im chloe, from cambridge.
im a complete newcomer to this sport, i havnt any expirience with shooting either....yet. i guess we all have to start somewhere though! im intrested in any kind of hunting or deer stalking.im keen to hear from anyone with any tips or advice on how to get started. i am a dog lover, i have two and i enjoy the great outdoors.i look forward to hearing from like minded people. thanks chloe :lol

Hi Chloe
i'm sure you will get plenty of tips and help from this site to get you going
we all had to start some where ;)
good to here you already a dog lover
what dogs do you have and do you work them
look forward to hearing more about them
kind regards
stone

Welcome

Hi Chloe

Welcome to the site.

Everyone is quite friendly so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Daemon

:D

Hi Chloe,

I am new to this site as well, been shooting a while but dont have a dog at the moment not sure what I will get next.

Rich

woody said:
Hi Chloe,

I am new to this site as well, been shooting a while but dont have a dog at the moment not sure what I will get next.

Rich
hiya rich,
where abouts are you from? what do you usually shoot?
chloe

chloe said:
woody said:
Hi Chloe,

Rich
hiya rich,
chloe

Hi,

I am from Yorkshire but live in Herefordshire, so still pretty rural. I shoot mainly rabbit and deer but trying to get a wild boar which comes and goes on some land I shoot on, no luck yet!
What about you, are you trying to get int the sport or just like working the dogs?

Rich

woody said:
chloe said:
woody said:
Hi Chloe,

Rich
hiya rich,
chloe

Hi,

I am from Yorkshire but live in Herefordshire, so still pretty rural. I shoot mainly rabbit and deer but trying to get a wild boar which comes and goes on some land I shoot on, no luck yet!
What about you, are you trying to get int the sport or just like working the dogs?

hiya,

im trying to get into the sport really that is my main intrest, but i have two dogs and thought itd be great if i could train them to track wounded deer. ( well i only have hopes for training jimmy as hes a bit brighter than panda)

how did you get into hunting? im planning to do the dsc level one later this year to get me started. did you do this course? do you sell on the carcasses you kill? that cheeky boar sounds like its mocking you. lol i hope u catch up with him soon!

how long since you moved from yorkshre? what did you shoot up there? have you got a boar before? ive come across a couple in the woods before, they look pretty tasty. im afraid im rather deprived of the rural aspect a i live in a town! what part of hertfordshire are you from?

chloe

chloe said:
woody said:
chloe said:
woody said:
Hi Chloe,

Rich
hiya rich,
chloe

Hi,

hiya,

im trying to get into the sport really that is my main intrest, but i have two dogs and thought itd be great if i could train them to track wounded deer. ( well i only have hopes for training jimmy as hes a bit brighter than panda)

how did you get into hunting? im planning to do the dsc level one later this year to get me started. did you do this course? do you sell on the carcasses you kill? that cheeky boar sounds like its mocking you. lol i hope u catch up with him soon!

how long since you moved from yorkshre? what did you shoot up there? have you got a boar before? ive come across a couple in the woods before, they look pretty tasty. im afraid im rather deprived of the rural aspect a i live in a town! what part of hertfordshire are you from?

chloe

Hi Chloe,

I am a farmers son so I dont know any different really although I can appreciate now how hard it is to get shooting now I am away from Yorkshire, but I am newish to stalking, I did the DMQ Level 1 and really enjoyed it, I would recommend you have a days stalking first to get a feel for it, i found getting up at 04.30 some mornings quite hard in the summer months to be in place for the deer, I prefer the evening stalks. I dont have many deer on my ground so most is done as a guest and the carcasses are sold to a game dealer or friends etc.
What type of dogs do you use? I quite like the look of the GWP.
Dont mention the boar, its a bit of a running joke with the farmer, but it would be boring if you shot something every time you went out. Have you got an FAC?
live near leominster in Herefordshire and have for 12 years and mainly did vermin control and sold the rabbits etc. No boar up there!
How old are your dogs? are they quiet?
Where are you thinking about doing your DMQ L1?

Rich

Back