Available: Dorset Wild Boar - shooting under the moon

IanF

Folks,

Thanks for your interest in joining us to hunt under the moon for Wild Boar in Dorset - we are now able to offer dates for the coming season.
We have taken on a second farm where the pigs are showing, and this this enables us to offer TWO monthly outings which can fall when convenient, during the full moon phases shown below.

visitor.jpg

Meet up mid afternoon, proceed to my range and check-zero the rifle you will be using. A good meal before we leave for the shooting ground, as well as a full brief on wild boar & the area you will be hunting.

You will be equipped with both a rifle-lamp and an NV spotter, however, if you already have your own kit - do bring it along.

If you wish to join us, then please contact me to check availability on the date that is convenient. There is a lot of interest in these opportunities, so early booking is essential. To simplify your planning, we provide onsite accommodation & excellent food at a further £45.

Aug 31st - Sept 3rd
Sept 28th - Oct 2nd
Oct 30th & 31st
Nov 27th - 30th
Dec 28th - 31st
Jan 25th - 29th
Feb 23rd - 27th

BigBoy.jpg

Costs have been held this year as below:
£150 + £45 food and accommodation per hunter. Shot fee: £50 for any female / juvenile male.
Tusked boar: £20 per cm measured on the largest exposed tusk. As 60% of the tusk is buried in the jaw, a Bronze medal pig would only show 6cm of chargeable tusk. Venison remains property of the estate but may be purchased at prevailing dealer rate.

Best wishes,
Ian :lol:
www.farringtonds.com
Tel: 07798 771 062

Last edited:
IanHopefully work and my piggy bank will alow me back so I'll have to wait and hope you still have some room.Fellas great man to deal with and the food is great.CheersDickie.

Hi Martin,

Ian's right to call I venison. Venison is a word that dates back to the Middle Ages and is a word used to describe the meat of any game animal ( rabbit, pheasant, partridge, boar etc) but is applied especially to deer.

jason

Something I would like to do myself one day. I must say though as has been discussed in the past. How is one too see the length of a boars tusks in the dark. Especially if inexperienced. Is it not possible to just put a price on a tusker, female, juvenile?

Hi Martin,

Ian's right to call I venison. Venison is a word that dates back to the Middle Ages and is a word used to describe the meat of any game animal ( rabbit, pheasant, partridge, boar etc) but is applied especially to deer.

jason

Thank you. I stand corrected

Back