banned from airgunbbs for trying to sell a brand new tikka mag!!

karbon77

just wondering if anyone else has ever been banned from the airgunbbs site and why?i put up a post on saturday advertising a new unused tikka 595 mag in the packet i had bought a while ago but decided to throw caution to the wind and just get a metal 5 shot one,anyway it was up for an hour or so when i got a pm telling me i could not sell a new item on the site so i alterd the post to say it was brand new,second hand thinking that would be enough to satisfy the supermods,next thing i'm banned till march,i then pmed a mod "carl" asking could i not have got a warning first or a slap on the wrist,no way hosae was the reply,i then told him it was a brand new item in the packet never even taken out of the wrapper and would he prefer me to lie to everyone saying it was'nt,anyway the reply was the same "BANNED TILL MARCH" not satisfied with carls answer i asked him a few question regarding people getting banned and if moderators discussed banning individuals with a vote or just did it of there own back,we do what we want was the basic reply and if i did'nt like it you know what to do,pretty poor replies i think considering that its a very small shooting community we have in the U.K to begin with.i have never experienced problems with any other shooting website regarding buying,selling or any other shooting related matters.SO CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY AN INDIVIDUAL CAN NOT SELL A NEW ITEM IN THE PACKET AT A KNOCK DOWN PRICE ON AIRGUNBBS BUT CAN ON ANY OTHER SHOOTING SITE!!atb

Don't let it get to you ! There is a lot of if your face fits you can do as you like of forums. I know of one bloke from Berkshire that was selling a Moderator off ticket and put that it was suitable for a C/F ( not on this site ), When i pointed this out he got shirty and said he had no issues with what he had posted.

Because the AirgunBBS is owned by JS Ramsbottom and they won't allow any selling of new items on the site as they see it as competition.

I do think that mods there can be pretty heavy handed at times, but it is a very busy site and I guess it gets tiresome repeating yourself 20+ times a day

Heavy handed seems like .. mind you if Alex banned those of us who put threads in the wrong sections there wouldn`t be anyone left!! :coat:

sell it on here feller :thumb: don't fit any air rifles anyway good luck boss have a chillpill move on mty :tiphat: there loss

Banned twice now, 1st time for nearly 3 years, second time for 3 months.
But to be fair to them, the second hand sales bit does say no new items.

Neil. :)

the Mods on the BBS are pussycats nowadays, in the old days it would have been a weeks ban then a months ban for asking what the problem was :D seriously the rules are clear, and they did give you a chance to alter your ad. :old:

I have a life ban from the bbs.I dare not to got there with what i feel about them, thats what got me banned.

stay here its a far better place with better Moderators and more grown up than it will ever be,

bob.

been banned several times.
still don't know what some of them were for
wouldn't worry about it

it is not like it is an exclusive club!!

the Mods on the BBS are pussycats nowadays, in the old days it would have been a weeks ban then a months ban for asking what the problem was :D seriously the rules are clear, and they did give you a chance to alter your ad. :old:

i did alter the ad to brand new second hand!!

I was banned from uk long range for ever , still have no idea why ? I just set up a new account with a different email and carried on although they must have blocked my work server because I can't log on there anymore even with my new account ? Frankly if there not man enough to give me a warning or even let me know why I was banned then **** them ! Spineless lick spittles !

to be honest though I find the site a very poor one in comparison to its competition so I'm not over bothered ?

Ive heard air gun BBs is a bit over bearing hence I'm not on it.

I was banned from uk long range for ever , still have no idea why ? I just set up a new account with a different email and carried on although they must have blocked my work server because I can't log on there anymore even with my new account ? Frankly if there not man enough to give me a warning or even let me know why I was banned then **** them ! Spineless lick spittles !

to be honest though I find the site a very poor one in comparison to its competition so I'm not over bothered ?

Ive heard air gun BBs is a bit over bearing hence I'm not on it
all old news, its a much more relaxed place now, although when you consider the number of members, there will always be some friction.

Mate I was banned from there due to an idiot claiming I had never been in the military and I was a Walt so I happily gave all my military details over an open forum and asked him to do the same! He couldn't back his mouth up which upset him! From what I can gather he was blowing one of the mods so I got a ban!!
Best thing that ever happened to me as I can't say I miss it.

Royal

I am on a. 10 year suspension at UKV for questioning the skill level of their resident rifle builder. Just in case you are wondering what qualifies me to question his ability, apprenticed toolmaker and 30 years of precision machining experience.:)

Ian.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about it, life's too short. The world is full knobs and you really shouldn't care too much about the opinions of others. My philosophy is that I do things to make me happy and not to influence the way people perceive me, forums can be useful for collating information and gaining peoples opinions on products, techniques etc but you will always get the knob heads popping up, but that is always applicable to life as well.

It's a nice day so why not take the rifle out for half an hour after work and relax.

ATB

Cumbrian

Back