Wanted: Heading down under!

Boarboy

I'm going to a very good friends wedding in Perth in December. I'm going to fly in to Darwin and travel down to Perth. Always on the look out for some shooting/fishing whilst there, so anyone any contacts/ ideas, more than welcome. I know they have some nice mud encrusted boars in the NT.!!:)

Darwin to Perth? Driving? Somewhere around 2500 miles/4000 kilometres wont leave you much hunting time if you are driving on a time budget.Once you get to Perth if you decide to drive some more to my area you have another 3500 k`s..I would take you out for a stalk but December in 100f temps is just not on.Get `em to change the wedding date to mid year and you can then deer hunt too!:D

Had an email a few weeks back from an Aussie offering a sporting swap, DM me if youre interested and I'll send you his details

Like John says that is a long drive, I did Perth to Broome and it seemed like many 1000's of miles, about 1500 if I recall correctly but felt like more, and Broome is still in WA and not NT. The heat is brutal even with the a/c going flat out, you will not want to be spending much time out of the car, my best advice would be to spend the time enjoying Australia and it's people and leave the hunting alone.

Stop at a place called Monkey Mia on the way down and watch the dolphins when the wardens feed them, you can paddle in the sea with them and be a couple of feet away, it's awesome and they are completely wild.

John

Once drove from Sydney to Sydney via Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Esperance, Albany, Perth, Monkey Mia, Broome, Darwin, 3-Ways, Longreach, Brisbane, and everywhere in between. Met a lunatic RAF officer jogging across the Nullabor on a sponsored fund raiser, "Nutty Pom II".

I was in a rush so it only took 3 months!

Once drove from Sydney to Sydney via Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Esperance, Albany, Perth, Monkey Mia, Broome, Darwin, 3-Ways, Longreach, Brisbane, and everywhere in between. Met a lunatic RAF officer jogging across the Nullabor on a sponsored fund raiser, "Nutty Pom II".

I was in a rush so it only took 3 months!

Jeez that drives one for the bucket list pal

Could try Davidsons east of Darwin by about 5hrs in 4x4 or fly out got some of the best Barramundi and big pigs, salty's 16ft long are a bit scary but just reel in quick and dont stand to close to the edge.... the place is unbeleivable some of the best rock art i've seen set in stunning scenery, its a sacred Aboriginal site next to mount Borradaile so special permissions required to hunt but speak to Ray or Tom they will sort you out Mt Borradaile NT 0822 Australia +61 8 8927 5240 info@arnhemland-safaris.com

Back