Big day for Britain and Ireland

Glen of Imaal

The President of Ireland begins a four day trip to the UK today. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it is the first official visit of an Irish head of state to Britain in 92 years since Irish independence. It's about time! For two islands so closely linked its great to see, particuarly after the Queens visit to the Republic two years ago. We can still fight over the six nations though...

It would be nice if during his visit he apologised, for the way soldiers from the republic were treated after they fought for the allies during WW11, and for sponsoring international terrorism via the IRA. And he could also thank the British people for bailing out there Celtic tiger economy :doh:. Oh I forgot only we have to apologise.

It would be nice if during his visit he apologised, for the way soldiers from the republic were treated after they fought for the allies during WW11, and for sponsoring international terrorism via the IRA. And he could also thank the British people for bailing out there Celtic tiger economy :doh:. Oh I forgot only we have to apologise.

I understand your opinion but I think its a bit much there Taff. like Glen of Imaal I think its time to move on. This is a hunting form after all.
We all know its the hierarchy that benefit and the working class that suffer in any conflict.

Glendine

Taff your out of order there are two sides to every story after living here for 30 years i can vouch for that
the two countries are linked in so many many ways ,it it's great to see political movement that hopefully will put all the anger and hurt where it belongs in the past

Last edited:
The President of Ireland begins a four day trip to the UK today. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it is the first official visit of an Irish head of state to Britain in 92 years since Irish independence. It's about time! For two islands so closely linked its great to see, particuarly after the Queens visit to the Republic two years ago. We can still fight over the six nations though...

+1 Like you say it's about time. 92 years is a long long time.

.....unhelpful and antagonistic , please move on. :locked:

+1 Like you say it's about time. 92 years is a long long time.

Its not even been 92 months since 2 British soldiers were machine gunned to death whilst picking up a pizza. I am appalled that a known torturer and murderer is being welcomed by the British establishment.

Where is the compensation claim from the families of British civilians and soldiers killed during the Troubles? If it is ok for the British government to have to compensate Kenyan Mau Mau, then surely it is ok for the Irish to do the same?

I see the lynch mobs are on the move again. :doh: :popcorn:
Good to see so many stalkers are dedicated tabloid readers.
you lot are also the first to shout off when some one wants to kiss the badgers and cuddle a fox, then you all start coiling the rope when someone says something you don't agree with.
Seriously lads, look in the mirror before you sound off because you are coming over as bigoted as the bunny huggers.
oh joy. Bet this turns into a long thread.

I opened this thread because i felt it was a significant day in which two nations could move forward with mutual respect and dignity. It was not written with any reference to politics or religion. Believe me gentlemen I do not discuss my religion nor my politics, certainly not on a stalking forum. We come together on this forum from across these islands and from further afield, to discuss our mutual love of our sport. As such we should not carry any baggage from our respective nations or backgrounds onto the forum. If it is deemed by some that i have done so then i apologise unreservedly. However i would not like to see this thread continue on it's current course and would like to call on those in admin to please close it if deemed necessary.
Many thanks,
Glen

I opened this thread because i felt it was a significant day in which two nations could move forward with mutual respect and dignity. It was not written with any reference to politics or religion. Believe me gentlemen I do not discuss my religion nor my politics, certainly not on a stalking forum. We come together on this forum from across these islands and from further afield, to discuss our mutual love of our sport. As such we should not carry any baggage from our respective nations or backgrounds onto the forum. If it is deemed by some that i have done so then i apologise unreservedly. However i would not like to see this thread continue on it's current course and would like to call on those in admin to please close it if deemed necessary.
Many thanks,
Glen

Well said Glen of Imaal

Back