Music

tomest

Right, so I'm on my Easter holidays and I'm bored to be honest. I've done all the revision I can without wanting run away and never come back.... So I decided I would post on here and try to get as many people involved as possible. So I thought what does everyone like?? Music! And if you don't then you must have something wrong with you.... Anyway, just post your top 5 music bands/groups/people etc.
Mine are...

1. Avenged Sevenfold
2. Good Charlotte
3. Green Day
4. Slipknot
5. Arctic Monkeys

I like most music to be honest but refuse to listen to anything like Justin Bieber or One Direction... Anyway post away!

Hope your ready for some music humour Euan, I'll bet there's some vast array of tastes out there.

George.

I've not come across your 1 and 2. Anyhow, keeping it almost within a popular-type band idiom (I have fairly catholic tastes, so it is useful to apply limits)
1. Pogues
2. Kinks
3.Depeche Mode
4. The Whisky Priests
5. Suede
6. Choral Evensong on Radio 3

It's difficult. I can't think of many things in life that I can easily narrow down to a list of 5 favourites.

By the way, my experience suggests that trick with revision was steadily to do as much as you can cope with in an organised, disciplined and timetabled way, allowing time for some R&R (particularly physical exercise). Good luck with it.

Last edited:
FAITHLESS OTIS TAYLOR PAUL OKENFOLD BILLY IDOL TIESTO first five, doug, oh and BLADE VAMPIRE dance club theme not much iwont shake my booty to,and bigyins as ,well

Last edited:
queens of the stone age
foo fighters
green day
johnny cash
smashing pumpkins
just a random selection but like most it depends what mood im in to what i listen too :oops:

if you like greenday give the Clash a listen stiff little fingers .im a bit of an ald punk rocker myself .but some easy listening cowboy junkies the trinity sessions Degsy

I should have posted mine up to keep in with the thread.
1. Rammstein
2. Black Sabbath
3. Celine Dion
4. Lana Del Ray
5. Capercaillie.

Ben Harper
Stereophonics
James Vincent McMorrow
John Lee Hooker
The Gaslight Anthem

Incredibly hard list to put together !

1. The Peatbog Faeries
2. Bob Fox
3. Neil Young
4. Ulrich Schnauss
5. Huun-Huur-Tu

Though if I was allowed another five it would be:

6. Shooglenifty
7. D J Fresh
8. Laurent Wolf
9. Mike Oldfield
10. Peter Gabriel....or maybe Jimmy Webb

willie_gunn

Guess I would have to list at least one of my albums!
51wMKhVWQ6L.jpg

Soho+Lounge+Heat+-+Funky+Lounge+Breaks+From+The+70's.jpg

Rubbish!

K

+1 (and then some!)

If you look beyond manufactured pop there are some great musicians around today.

Someone's already mentioned the Stereophonics, but Nirvana, Rammstein, Ali Farka Toure, Pine Leaf Boys, Gogol Bordello, Fanfare Ciocarlia, Ibrahim Malouf, Ceu, Banco de Gaia, Lorde, Dr Rubberfunk and Eddie Vedder are just a few that find a place on my iPod. They sit quite happily alongside Alex Glasgow, Bach, Z Z Top, Mozart, Genesis, Debussy and the band of the Corps of Royal Engineers!

One upside of too many early morning drives to Heathrow is listening to music on the World Service. Leave behind your preconceptions and there's a whole new musical world to discover!

willie_gunn

Back