Ex or Serving Members, ELC's

Jim xyz

Hi All,

I left a few years ago and still have two lots of ELC's to use.

Does anyone out there know of any shooting related (Stalking or Shotgun) courses that I could do to make use of them including DSC 1/2? I'm in North Dorset and don't really want to travel too far.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi All,

I left a few years ago and still have two lots of ELC's to use.

Does anyone out there know of any shooting related (Stalking or Shotgun) courses that I could do to make use of them including DSC 1/2? I'm in North Dorset and don't really want to travel too far.

Cheers,

Jim

Presuming you are referring to the Learning Credit scheme? I used mine to cover my DSC1 but that was when they first brought them out and I'm not sure if they still approve the course. Because of the way DSC2 is done I don't think you will be able to claim for that. Good Luck. Its worth too much not to use it !

As has already been mentioned, ELC's can only be used on NVQ level 3 or above courses, registered through ELCAS. Might be worth talking to Admissions at Sparsholt, Lackham or similar to see if they have a course that would qualify.

I got my DSC 1 on standard learning credits. If you don't have a degree already, then ELC will pay the full cost of the tuition fees for a 3 year course. A new career following a Gamekeeping and Wildlife Management course at Sparsholt perharps?

Back