A change of heart and a new rifle.

Muir

I am not a fan of Ruger rifles other than their rimfires but that might change soon. A shop in the city has these for sale. It's the "American Predator" model, six pounds 10 ounces in the box, 22" barrel and cut for a suppressor. In 6.5 Creedmore it is selling for $389 US. They have been selling out as fast as they come in. I told him to call me when the next shipment comes in. Might be a decent rifle, might not. I guess I'll find out.~Muir
6971.jpg

Interesting calibre, hope the rifle exceeds your expectations. Is it primarily for hunting?

I don't really have any expectations but yes, it would be a hunting rifle if anything.
Yes John, I love a gamble.
Trigger is similar to the Accu-trigger.

David: Yeah. I'm full of surprises.....~Muir

I've had second thoughts on the chambering. I may go with another 308. Shorter, stiffer tube and if I decide to give it to my new daughter-in-law*, she can get ammo without a fuss.~Muir

(*I am expected to provide firearms for all new arrivals to the family)

By the way, that action seems different to the mk2 or? New safety? Do they come in different action sizes or one fits all?
I didn't take much notice of Ruger at the last show.
edi

I've had second thoughts on the chambering. I may go with another 308. Shorter, stiffer tube and if I decide to give it to my new daughter-in-law*, she can get ammo without a fuss.~Muir

(*I am expected to provide firearms for all new arrivals to the family)

There has to be a joke in there somewhere.
with the reputation of relationships between daughter in law/mother in law being what it is,
providing a firearm could be construed as aiding and abeting at the very least:lol:

There has to be a joke in there somewhere.
with the reputation of relationships between daughter in law/mother in law being what it is,
providing a firearm could be construed as aiding and abeting at the very least:lol:

There's a lot of miles between them :D

John

That would be overkill, even for a mother in law.
Not many girls could manage that gun offhand, even though american girls can be supersized

yep, get a proper 30cal, 6.5 is for hairdressers...:stir:
edi

Hey now...lets not be hasty with that assessment... :p

FYI...6.5 Creedmoor ammo is getting pretty common these days, now that three major manufacturers are making ammo for it (Hornady, Winchester and Nosler/Norma).

By the way, that action seems different to the mk2 or? New safety? Do they come in different action sizes or one fits all?
I didn't take much notice of Ruger at the last show.
edi

One size fits all. The entire rifle is a new departure; short bolt arc, different action styling.... Rotary magazine. Like no Ruger I've dinked with. I wonder where they are getting the 'hammer forged barrels' they boast of?~Muir

One size fits all. The entire rifle is a new departure; short bolt arc, different action styling.... Rotary magazine. Like no Ruger I've dinked with. I wonder where they are getting the 'hammer forged barrels' they boast of?~Muir

So a US T3 ? If they didn't shrink in the barrel or similar savings it might be worth a look.
The 6.5 Creedmoor must be very similar to a 260 rem or? What is the bonus? Why didn't they go for a small primer like the lap6.5 or palma 308?
Would make a lovely long range foxing tool with 120 or 123 a-max or for hind shooting with the right bullet.

edi

Hey now...lets not be hasty with that assessment... :p

FYI...6.5 Creedmoor ammo is getting pretty common these days, now that three major manufacturers are making ammo for it (Hornady, Winchester and Nosler/Norma).

:D, I must have a look out if we have any on our shelves yet. Recon it would feed a treat out of 308 AI mags.
edi

Back