Pulsar Challenger DSA Night Vision riflescope kit

seen one last week with a 20mm objective lens and for £289.00 they are

pants ;)

not worth the cash even as a spotter.

bob.

Bob, I am interested in how you came to this conclusion.

I have used one extensively and setup properly on a Parallax Adjustable riflescope it is a fantastic device for short to medium range.

In terms of optical quality, it is one of the best Gen 1+ devices I have used, and I have used a lot of them.

Also it is one of our best selling NV kits, selling numerous every day and we have nothing but glowing reports.

I would very much like you to expand on your "pants" diagnosis, as these unbiased reports differ very much?

Which riflescope was the device mounted to and which IR device was being used?

Was the ocular and objective focus aligned properly, and indeed was the AO adjusted for the reticle focal length?

stars_5.gif

I'm over the moon with this unit. It was purchased from Scott Country after having a chat with them you can’t wish for a better little starter pack to get into night vision. Dennis . SOMERSET
Dennis.

stars_5.gif

I bought this device after reading a review in Countrymans weekly and fitted it to my new Edgar XVI air rifle. I was very impressed, shooting rabbits at night has become a breeze and i can spot vermin easily out to 100meters. Brilliant bit of kit, so much that my mates have all bought them now also. Great service from the guys n gals at Scott Country too. 10 out of 10
Tom Clark,

stars_5.gif

For under £300 this bit of kit has to be seen to be believed. I bought mine for hand held spotting and then shooting through my .17HMR with Paladin NV scope initially. I was so impressed the Paladin is now relegated to my air rifle, and i have the Challenger mounted to my Hawke Nite Eye scope on the .17 what a cracking bit of kit.
Tom Wilton.

stars_5.gif

I do a lot of stalking but was asked by an estate to control foxes that were causing considerbale damage to livestock. A friend uses the Pulsar Challenger on his .17HMR and recommended it. I bought this for my .22-250 Ruger, with an MTC Viper scope, and it is a phenomonal bit of kit for the money. With the Pulsar Laser I can comfortably scan the moors out to 100meters, and found it to be the ideal bit of kit for the occaisional night hunter. Have used it now on my .17HMR for long range rabbit control, and have since recommended it to several friends.
John Halliday.

Of course it is an entry level night vision device, so it is never going to give performance close to a dedicated Gen 2 or Digisight device, but for a basic nv device for a day scope, you can go a LOT worse, for a lot more money.

A friend with a PS-14 piece of junk was shocked at the clarity of the Pulsar Challenger for a fraction of the cost....

Last edited:
Back