Best fox shooting book?

karlbird

Gents,

What is seen as the bible of fox shooting, if there is such a thing? Been doing a bit, have a bit of success but its all self learnt and I feel now is time to read up on and expand some skills.

Regards,

+1 for the Bucknall book(foxing with lamp and rifle) and there is a new one out written by an SD member called A Foxers Year I think?

Last edited:
+1 for the Bucknall book(foxing with lamp and rifle) and there is a new one out written by an SD member called A Foxing Life I think?

Er, that'll be 'A Foxer's Year' (with a Foreword kindly written by Robert Bucknell). Available from me (the author) in time for Xmas (postal system allowing!). If anyone would like a signed, dedicated copy, then please PM me. Mods - I hope this isn't contravening any site rules. If so, please delete this post.

Haven't seen that one or I would have mentioned it.

The Bob Bucknell book is very good.
If you google his name there are lots of utube clips of him, very helpful and a nice guy.

fraser

Last edited:
Er, that'll be 'A Foxer's Year' (with a Foreword kindly written by Robert Bucknell). Available from me (the author) in time for Xmas (postal system allowing!). If anyone would like a signed, dedicated copy, then please PM me. Mods - I hope this isn't contravening any site rules. If so, please delete this post.

Sorry Paddy.My brain had a senior moment and I could not remember the title for the life of me :oops:

Hi Paddy. This brings back a recollection. Were you promoting this signed copy at a discount on a forum somewhere?
I think I might like to get it.

How much Xmas spirit and all that.

I have read both of Roberts books and would recommend the second one, I took a lad to Roberts house to buy the second one for a birthday present and he very kindly gave the lad his first book in with the price and signed both....
I am self taught and shoot a lot of foxes (88 this year) however you never stop learning...

Tim.243

Back