ZKK601 trigger modifications?

limulus

I have a Brno ZKK601deluxe in .308 that has a standard trigger.
The trigger has some creep prior to release and I'm wondering if this is usual or can it be adjusted to stop this?
Alternatively are there replacement trigger mechanisms suitable for this action?
The rifle is very accurate but I feel it would greatly benefit from a crisper trigger.

I have a Brno ZKK601deluxe in .308 that has a standard trigger.
The trigger has some creep prior to release and I'm wondering if this is usual or can it be adjusted to stop this?
Alternatively are there replacement trigger mechanisms suitable for this action?
The rifle is very accurate but I feel it would greatly benefit from a crisper trigger.

Yes it can be done but sadly I don't know what is required to do so. I have an article in am American magazine in which the writer has an almost unused ZKK 601 in .243 worked over into a Rigby style rifle by a chap in California and this included lightening the pull and removing all creep. Will see if I can find the article.

It would be a case of stripping and cleaning the trigger and polishing the sears.

There are , as far as I am aware , no aftermarket triggers available for this model.

If you can find someone who will sell / swap you for the set trigger available on the zkk it will just go straight on . I have two zkk's and like the option of either std or light weight .I leave it unset for cold weather where the sense of touch is diminished and set for light trigger in summer .

:old:

I recently sold my set trigger blade for my ZKK as I had sourced a curved blade from gunbroker..tony, have a look there.

otherwise, yes, the standard blade trigger will always have a bit of creep, like redmist says polishing the sears will help and is really easy to do, you can also lighten the trigger through the top of the rear tang. I would also consider installing a lighter trigger spring in the same diameter and length as the original (buy a spring kit). between all these you can get it nice and crisp and it's worth the little money and effort.

I restored my ZKK to be fully customized in many ways, it was a very enjoyable project! if you look back on my posts you will see what I did to change it, there's loads of fun to be had ;)

As I bought my ZKK 601 new, t'was on Christmas Eve and I was spending the pistol compensation, so a long time back now. I asked the dealer to search for the normal curved blades as I prefer it. Once home I stripped the rifle and fitted the curved blade. The single sett one has never been used except for perhaps proofing. it should have had one in the little red plastic bolt wallet but it was missing.

Yes the single blade has a bit of creep but not a lot really.

Do have a look at this link.

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=159617&an=0&page=4

I have a ZKK 600 in 270W and also ditched the awful set-trigger for the "nice looking" standard curved trigger. With all the problems of creep. It appears that the idea some offer is to use a thicker cross pin so that, at least, you remove any wobble in the trigger.

Good Luck! They are very good rifles but sadly the trigger problem is always an issue with BRNO ZKK rifles...

A guy in Norway got a m98 timney to work, unfortunately I dont know how, or how much work it was... His main problem now is to find a reliable way to attach the trigger to the action, I think.

you can attach an M98 trigger yes, but you have to do a lot of manual milling, drilling, etc. work..quite frankly, it's not worth the costs.

If you want my opinion. Use the standard trigger blade, then polish and shorten the sears, also install a lighter spring.. that will do a LOT, you can take almost all the creep out.

In 'addition', the standard trigger blade right at the top, goes about 0.5cm straight upwards, the reason for the excess creep is that this lever has to travel a bit before it starts to engage with the sear block. what you need to do is made the back of this lever on the trigger thicker, you can do this by a bit of solder or weld that's then smoothed out, it will mean the second you touch the trigger blade it starts to engage with the sear block.

good luck Sir :)

Back