Poachers Deer watch

woodfordfallow

We are having probelms with poachers has anyone setup a deer watch. This sunday we had poachers on site late afternoon called police and had an excellent responce with full armed responce and force helicopter out. I would like to set up a deer watch so any help or advice. If you want to join our deer watch plymouth please send PM. woodfordfallow

I did a lot of work with BDS/ police training etc a few years ago in Yorkshire area got good response from police and farmwatch groups may give you a place to start Good Luck

We are having probelms with poachers has anyone setup a deer watch. This sunday we had poachers on site late afternoon called police and had an excellent responce with full armed responce and force helicopter out. I would like to set up a deer watch so any help or advice. If you want to join our deer watch plymouth please send PM. woodfordfallow

Did the rozzers catch them?

I do alot of work with rural crime.

Get posters from your local Force HQ, ask about the Force SMS text messaging system - you should have one, set up networks within Deer Management Groups, Horse watch, farm watch etc.

In my own experience the poachers use their time on the ground to gather intelligence on what else isnt nailed down, in order to return a few weeks later and take what they can (quads, plant, hand tools etc)

Pass any sightings to your contacts and the Police dont sit on information, the last thing you should do is wait till morning, act when its happening....

Back