PPU .243 100G......Expansion with Soft Points

cervus

Just interested to know if any users of the above have experienced limited expansion on fallow doe/sika hind sized deer or roe....wondered if the jackets of the bullets were lighter than , say Federal/Norma/RWS /Winchester..any feedback welcomed.:) Ballistic gelatin tests seem to show some minorfragmentation,limited to the same batch.

before i reloaded , i use to use ppu 243 100 grain sp worked a treat on fallow does and bucks no problem

Just interested to know if any users of the above have experienced limited expansion on fallow doe/sika hind sized deer or roe....wondered if the jackets of the bullets were lighter than , say Federal/Norma/RWS /Winchester..any feedback welcomed.:) Ballistic gelatin tests seem to show some minorfragmentation,limited to the same batch.

Shot Stags with them. No probs.

Nutty

Thanks for the replies,I have not had previous concerns with the round,can,t beat the price anyway!My query was based on 2 "pass throughs" ,the gelatin test was in conclusive really ...PPU quality control is very good & but 2 rounds from a batch does not condemn a round type to undue criticism IMHO...SUBSEQUENT DEER WERE SHOT WITHOUT FURTHER PROBLEMS ,your replies have been valuable Thank All and Happy New Year

A good friend uses this load to take over 100 red deer every season. I use it on a number of fallow. No problems.

Back