Justification For .303

Jim xyz

OK Guys,

Reading through another thread I've had my appetite wetted for an old Lee Enfield. Having decided that I'd really like one (sad I know but mainly because they're old and British like Land Rovers and Triumph Bonnevilles).

What is the best ways to get a variation for a one? Do I say that it will be used as a stalking rifle, purely as a collectors piece or that I intend to join a club and use it for range work.

I currently have a 22.250 and a .270 with foxing and stalking as my justifications, I'm in Dorset if anyone local has any recent experience it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

when I had my SMLE made in 1908 and supplied to the New Zeeland armed forces ( maybe it could have even being to Gallipoli) sporter I had it for deer and pest and vermin and also for target work on my Fac.
I have a slot for another .303 if I get time to use it. Everybody should own at least 1 lee Enfield in there life .
If in doubt apply Rule 303 :british:

303 is mentioned in the home office guide as suitable for deer. Just try asking for it... Lots of folk have two deer rifles

when I had my SMLE made in 1908 and supplied to the New Zeeland armed forces ( maybe it could have even being to Gallipoli) sporter I had it for deer and pest and vermin and also for target work on my Fac.
I have a slot for another .303 if I get time to use it. Everybody should own at least 1 lee Enfield in there life .
If in doubt apply Rule 303 :british:
Rock on

u want 1 ,justification enough.sporting supplies bloxwich <no association with me>ave 5 or 6 in from 90 to 500 quid in various qualitys,but they all go bang in the right direction atb

Just try to make sure you see it / shoot it / .... lots of wrecked bores out there. Mrs Finnbear's .303 shot very nicely after an extended session with the cleaning kit, the crud was dribbling out the muzzle for days.

Nothing better than a nice day shooting over open sights, using 150g SP. consistently shoot 2" groups at 100m and many deer with it.

I have 4 deer rifles so that shouldn't be a issue, there is nothing better than shooting a deer on a nice bright day over open sights. I use sierra 150g sp and they work really well. Consistently shoot 2" groups with is so why not?

What is the best ways to get a variation for a one? Do I say that it will be used as a stalking rifle, purely as a collectors piece or that I intend to join a club and use it for range work.
If you want it for target shooting, they will likely make you join a club first before granting the variation. That can be a lengthy process if you have to go through a probationary period, etc.

Thanks All,

I'll put the paperwork in for a second Deer rifle and see what happens, they can only say no I suppose.

Jim

Thanks All,

I'll put the paperwork in for a second Deer rifle and see what happens, they can only say no I suppose.

Jim

don't hold your breath think Dorset are down to 6mths now ...if your lucky just put my application last week :(

Back