Is there such a thing as a Giant Polecat???

Buckaroo8

I was walking past a badger set this evening when I noticed a big dark animal moving around at the entrance. I looked through the binos assuming it was a Badger and to my surprise it appeared to be a great big Polecat! I've never actually seen a wild Polecat before (we don't usually have them around here, as far as I'm aware) so I googled polecat and apparently they weigh up to 4lb........I reckon this chap was nearly as big as my 15 lb terrier! I took a photo on my phone and some video but I don't know how to get them from phone onto the computer. Looking through the binos I was 100% certain that it wasn't a badger. Anyone else ever seen a giant Polecat type creature?

Would be really great to see, should be able to download by simply connecting your phone to the computer if its a smart phone or use a card reader.

Would be really great to see, should be able to download by simply connecting your phone to the computer if its a smart phone or use a card reader.

If only .......... my phone will not connect to my pc either . Mind you, I am still on xp so that may be the reason.

love to see the vid though :thumb:

If your phone has a removable memory or mini sd card then it can be put into a reader and simply plugged in to the usb port and will show as auto view

Not wishing to hijack the thread but my pc will not read the card even through a reader ???

I don't know what XP is or USB port. However, thanks to 270buck I now have whatsapp so hopefully he can post the video for me! :cool:

This should do it once phone is conected to computer via usb cable ....

Quick solution.

Go to start menu on windows> select "computer"
Here you will see the phone listed by name or by SD card/Phone Card.
Double click on it and look for the "DCIM" folder, in it you will find the "100ANDRO" folder.
This is the folder that holds all of your pics and videos.
Copy the folder to Pc and rename the folder.
(If using Pc companion, instead of Media go, select "File transfer" and find the DCIM folder on the list.)

Guess what, mine's also an xperia. Will not connect through usb. perhaps it's just something with these phones. They do however take a great picture :thumb:

OK thanks rick6point5......it worked.....now it's on my computer in the windows media player....what now?
turns out the usb cable is the charger cable......

Ok now you need to find your phone on the computer, which is done if you click on 'my computer' on your computer,
this will then show a screen with the various drives and any other devices plugged in,
if the phone is showing up then double click the icon
that will open the phone and show all files,
the file you want is the DCIM file
double click this it will open a folder or maybe 2 depending on how it stores video & pics
again double click and all your pictures should be seen..

Yes I have that but how does it go from there to here?
I can put it in an email if that's any good?

Go and buy a bloody Apple computer.
I plug my phone in. It transfers the file and deletes the phone file. I then post it.
Why people continue to bugger about with $hit PC's is beyond me.

im not entirely sure what it is actually? slightly out of focus, it does not seem to move like a cat but having seen raccoons and raccoon dogs in the wild it doesn't completely fit the pickture. of course it could just be a slightly oddly coloured badger. not all of them are the classic striped ones there are 1 toned ones and black ones in germany.

Back