pending knee op.

bobjs

hi lads.

anyone had keyhole surgery for the following.

scrap and clean of the underside of the knee joint and knee cap.

also repairs to 2 areas of my meniscus that i have ripped,

what i want to ask was how quick where you back walking.driving and then back shooting. the hop it pal ;) has siad 2/3 weeks but i have heard that its not that long.

regards

bob.

Bob

Had very similar surgery on both my knees. Left knee I was 19 and I was up and literally running after a week. Right knee was at 37... Same opp, I pushed it too hard too quickly and was not walking properly for a good month, this included having physio treatment every day (Mother a Physio!)

FFS do what your Surgeon suggests and don't do too much too soon.

Regards

Ed

hope everything goes well mate, atb doug,

Cheers doug. trying to get as much shooting in as i can its on the 30th of this month, then im back in for another examination of the lower spine (had a op on that a few years back but some mor problems showing now)

Bob

Had very similar surgery on both my knees. Left knee I was 19 and I was up and literally running after a week. Right knee was at 37... Same opp, I pushed it too hard too quickly and was not walking properly for a good month, this included having physio treatment every day (Mother a Physio!)

FFS do what your Surgeon suggests and don't do too much too soon.

Regards

Ed

cheers Ed.

I will have to do as you said i am off to Scotland shooting with the boss later this year and i don't want to miss that. mind you i wont miss using the 270 ?

bob.

Its a breeze bob your best pal will be frozen peas YOU WILL BE WAlKING THE SAME DAY !!! week later you will be gagging to drive in 14 days you will be, ice ice baby and keep moving around between resting with leg up ,a pillow between your legs in bed is a good way to sleep , i had it done three times and then two replacement complete knees joints all on the left one 11 ops later and three years all due to that tosser putting me into the dash of my old truck. but haho i can walk nr as good as i did but not for as long .just think of it as a dremel and a wash out few 10mil cuts bugger all when you think of it and you get a good kip in white stiff sheets lol

hi lads.

anyone had keyhole surgery for the following.

scrap and clean of the underside of the knee joint and knee cap.

also repairs to 2 areas of my meniscus that i have ripped,

what i want to ask was how quick where you back walking.driving and then back shooting. the hop it pal ;) has siad 2/3 weeks but i have heard that its not that long.

regards

bob.

**** me Bob - do you have to keep that oiled?!? All the best with the next op though mate, back in Odstock?

All the very best.

WH

cheers lads.

thanks for the heads up Paul, i will do as i am told (for once) and take it from there.

oil ;) i wish, i can't shoot prone now and in the cold mornings nights its a bit of a pain in the neck, 'pun intended' and WH your right Salisbury it is on the 30th and if they need to do more work on the spine it will be done by the same bloke there too.

i paid £35 for the cd of my operation all my ct/mri scans and xrays, well woth the money as it helps the hospital raise funds.

well chuffed.

bob.

Last edited:
Do as your doctor advises. I had keyhole on right knee for a rugby injury and went back to work too soon because I was desperate to get back to normal. Developed shingles and forced to have another two weeks off!

Can't help Bob, my lower body is still mostly working ok :)
A mate just had a full knee re-placement, 4 days later and he's walking about without a stick, amazing
I go back in in september for another two fusions, and repair to the first one I had done.
Keep your chin up, and play for the sympathy vote from er indoors ;)

Neil. :)

Knee replacement is a different matter - they positively encourage you to be up and about quickly, repairing what is already there is a different matter and will need looking after. It may have changed as I had mine in the mid nineties, but still worth taking the advise of the surgeon.
It will be a chance to rack up the next 1000 posts Bob!

Athroscopy is quite a simple operation Bob,
They use a probe to knibble away at the frayed bits from the bones and tissue then flush it out.
It is usually thought of as a stop gap before the whole knee needs replacing and sometimes sorts the problem so preventing the requirement for the TKR.
I have two little round scars either side of my main scar where they tried it on me before I had the TKR done.
I had mine done in Salisbury and was treated as day surgery, in at 06.00hrs and out at 18.00hrs with a couple of days rest then as much physio as I could stand.
It might be a good Idea for Admin to start a new section for injuries, walking wounded and who is suffering the most.
In my case, can old age count as an ailment :D

Last edited:
Had both knees done years back,silly me didn't listen to Dr and I'm suffering from it now! As much as it's fun,knee ops and Dragging Reds on restocks don't count as recuperation!
Do what they say and you'll be up and running as soon as. The 2-3 weeks, sounds right as long as you follow the Dr's advice.

cheers lads.

i hope your ok neil, i have not been in contact for a while now as i have been so busy, as for a section for members being in pain ed, not a bad idea but i would never be off it ;)

hope alls well with you to sir

regards

bob.

Hi Bob, I've just had same op 8 weeks ago. I was told I needed FKR but they would try this first but it may not work as my knee is bad with arthritis. I still can't walk up/down stairs properly consultant says its because of the arthritis, I asked when they would replace knee told when I cant walk. Under normal circumstance's you will be up and about in around 4/6 weeks.

Jim

Hi Bob, I've just had same op 8 weeks ago. I was told I needed FKR but they would try this first but it may not work as my knee is bad with arthritis. I still can't walk up/down stairs properly consultant says its because of the arthritis, I asked when they would replace knee told when I cant walk. Under normal circumstance's you will be up and about in around 4/6 weeks.

Jim

cheers jim

the clean up is a small amount of arthritis and the meniscus has to rips that need sorting so here's hoping for a smooth job ;)

get well soon bud and best of luck,

bob.

Do as your doctor advises. I had keyhole on right knee for a rugby injury and went back to work too soon because I was desperate to get back to normal. Developed shingles and forced to have another two weeks off!

wife did the same..... had both knees done (different times).... learned from the first one and the second went much better (doing exactly what the doc said and when he said it and stayed with the physical therapy) ....

had a similar op a few years ago but not keyhole took a while to recover and now wear a knee brace on the hill and need to use the stick going downhill but ok climbing doing a bit of cycling after the op seemed to help

Back