Blaser r8

Went to look at buying one today.
I dont like the system and it put me off.

Blaser do have some good deals on R93's and I walked away today having ordered a new 243/270/300WM barrels, brand new grade 7 wood, black action, 2 new jet z's, and 30mm saddle mount.

I like the safety part of the R8, but praticalitys... when my pockets are full of dead mice, fluff and blood that trigger is just gonna need cleaning lots!

I would go R93

Sam

Sako 85

Is it christmas?? that was a great splash out. Hope you have fun with your new toys. The dealer must have closed up for the rest of the week. R93 are the business you won't be disappointed.

I got a R8 synthetic between the hands last week, well, it's a nice rifle but don't feel a big difference with my actual R93... again more expensive! is it worth the money? Nice rifle anyway...

There have been several write ups in the Swedish hunting press about the R8. all have been very positive about it. Improvements to the locking of the bolt was one thing that has been improved. Do Blaser ring my bell? No , but I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes.

Went to look at buying one today.
I dont like the system and it put me off.

Blaser do have some good deals on R93's and I walked away today having ordered a new 243/270/300WM barrels, brand new grade 7 wood, black action, 2 new jet z's, and 30mm saddle mount.

i thought you sold a 30-06 R93 because you couldnt get on with it? glad to see you've seen the light

got my new r8 yesterday, allready shooting half inch groups...i will give a more detailed account of the rifle next week.

steve

Had a look at it at the shooting show looked good if you could use the R93 barrels I allready have I would of brought one.
Martin

I've thought about getting one, but think I'll wait 6 months for when the prices (inevitably) come down.

It is a shame that the R93 barrels don't fit, but that's a common trick I suppose if you bring something like that out - make sure people have to by all the new accessories too!

Lose the magazine equals lost the trigger also. Extra mags will not be cheap either.
Here in Germany the advertising overkill for Blaser seems to swamp the magazines to the point you would swear Blaser own the magazines. I guess the old Blaser owner must be enjoying his quality time now in British Columbia.
Martin

Anyone got any views on who is doing the best deal on R8s? I hear that quite a few places now have them in stock (at least in common calibres) and the price war is beginning! Pricing online seems pretty consistent, but rumour has it that deals are being done.

Theres a damn cheap R93 professional on guntrader in .243 with fluted barrel and £750 worth of Swaro scope for £1800.

My R8 in 6.5 X 55 arrived 2 weeks ago. Shooting 1/2" groups with 140 Grain Federal factory ammo, very accurate and nice to shoot. Shot my first beast on tuesday morning with rifle a mature roe buck who dropped in a heap for 120m with chest shot. Looking forward to the stags now and seeing how it performs on the open hill.

Back