Whats your thoughts ?

David T

ROE 1.JPGRoe 2.JPG

I am not a trophy stalker so am interested in the views of the folk that know about these things. Shot this chap last night. Is it worth getting
measured ?

What length and weight willo be the key mate but it dose look very nice any way.

In your experience does it look like it may be worthwhile ? Is the weighing and measuring something I can do to get a better idea of whether it would be worth it or do I have to send it off ?

Last edited:
Yes weight would give a good idea of worth but no guarantee. Length give an idea of mass photos can be hard to judge. Eg I shot one in april I think might make it. 24 CM and 485 grm and steady.

I was once told not to cut the skull on anything you want measured. Apparently you get more points intact for some reason

Hiya

You wont know for sure until measured after prescribed 90days drying. Has to be measured by CIC or BASC measurement system (dont go there as to why 2 systems! Thread on SD), by an approved Judge. I use CIC.
I have one that is very similar - long but not thick, measured out as bronze.

L

BUCK 1.jpgBuck 2.jpgBuck 3.jpgBuck 4.jpg

Completed my first go at skinning, boiling and bleaching a skull. Bought some powder from Bushwear and it was a total waste of time and money. Ended up at Sallys buying some hydrogen peroxide paste. Pretty pleased with the result. Is it now 90 days from now or is it 90 days from day it was dropped ?

David

From when it was boiled lol if it I am sure that all heads would make gold. Freeze till one day before the Game fair and you have a monster.
What weight was it after boiling

David

looks ms like a real nice head good job on your first skinning and boil out. Let us no what it makes when you get it measured.

J.S.

Freeze till one day before the Game fair and you have a monster.
What weight was it after boiling

I didn't weigh it after boiling ? I've just put it on the good lady's kitchen scales and it says 438, assuming thats grams. Antlers 10 inch long. Still worth while pursuing ?

Curious about your freezer comment. Can you elaborate ?

D

Last edited:
Don't think so David 455 IS AS LOW AS IT GOSE REALLY.
I was answering your question as to when the 90 days starts. From the day it is boiled and clean.
I would be looking for a 460 min and everything else would need to be at the top end.

Great 6P, really appreciate the feedback as it saves me wasting any more time. Still a nice head though. Bit of experience but I am not sure i'll do it again though, all seems like a real faff.

Back