And then there were 48

apollo

After defra said there was 50 boar in the forest of dean, we had another two so now theres 48, two less for the forestry boys to make money out of ;)

DSCF2308-1.jpg

thats being greedy that apollo
how are they ever going to spread north to my grounds :lol:
nice one , better in your freezer than theirs

SWEEEET!! did you have to pay to hunt them or were they just on your stalking lands? not sure how its worked across the water??! i bet they taste very good :p

Hi Apollo
Save some for me mate I'm over your way saturday! :lol:
At that rate you will of shot them all out! ;)

Boys dont worry there are loads there and they are to settled to be ousted :lol: , the F.C will be selling the stalking of them in the forest of dean soon i would imagine.... eddie.

Beowulf where are you going on saturday..

Gerry shoots some great ground much more boar than we have, you will have a night to remember, take a camera and enjoy....

I certainly will Apollo, thank you. I never imagined that I would get the chance to have a go at wild boar. I feel very privilaged to be invited!

Hi Tika308,
If anything gets shot I'll take plenty of photos and may even write an account of the night's hunting.

I'll be there mate, just make sure that you take the washing up out of the sink before you wash the deer's liver this time! :eek: :oops:

Boar

Hi Apollo
I was told you'd had a result (shaun) I just mentioned it on the other boar thread and then spotted this one :oops:
We havn't been out for a bit should have gone Tuesday or Wednesday but too foggy, probably go early next week still trying to sort some elusive Fallow at the weekends.
I'm back on the Muntys now so when you want to go just shout.

Beowulf
Good luck, you will enjoy going with Jerry, hopefully when the boar spot you they will run over the hill to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayne

Hi Apollo,

Don't know about you but I think Defra are way on the boar figures. If you have just shot two I think you must have spooked a dose in to coming my way; I counted 18 on my patch this week! so that leaves 30. Oh; and I understand one was shot last weekend in Ruardean School playground so make that 29!

Nice pictures, happy eating.............

Tom

Nice to hear from you Wayne, hope you have been very busy and we will get together when the weather is right, its been a bit misty at night for the pigs but its a good thing as it keeps the lampers at home :lol: we have not shot any fallow but have kept in touch with the farmers but they have not really seen any.

Thomas mate we all know that DEFRA have underestimated the numbers but now that the FC have to thin them out they may get harder to find, ours are like fallow when you shoot one or two they go off our ground for weeks

Hi Wayne,
Thanks mate, I think? :confused: If your taking Apollo out on the muntjac I hope that you give him the same high seat I had. After all i saw three and shot one and everybody else saw bugger all.

Hi Apollo,
Make sure you get the good high seat mate! ;)

Hi Beowulf
I've met Apollo he can sit in any of my seats it's only you and I who have to use the special reinforced one :lol: and buy the way I got a pair of gloves in my truck belonging to you or Stone, there very long gloves bit like the sort a lady would wear with an evening dress, only in green :eek:

Wayne

Now you have me worried wayne.me iam meeting up with them pair in the dark in the morning :eek: i hope they have not got there ladies evening wear on still :lol:

Back