Rimfire moderator - what's the best one to get?

I cant remember what the one I have is called, Im pretty sure its made by Swift ?? but all I know is that even my .17 has been reduced by an amazing amount, I had a Sak before and it cant touch it, only cost 49 quid and looks the mutts, I got it from Adenborne in Witney Oxon, have a word with Bruce there as I seem to remember he would do a discount for forum members? The mod comes in .17 and .22 versions

I have both the SAK & PH mods, of the two I have a slight preference for the SAK but both do the job.atb Tim

I use the Parker Hale John

Cheap, works well, and is easy to strip and clean.
Ditto, my Parker Hale is about 30 years old and is completly brilliant. All that you can hear is the pin click as it hits the case of the round. The Sak ones are, in my oppinion, too fat for you to use a scope mounted led lamp with as you get too much glare of them. The parker hale will look better on a more traditionaly built rifle too. If you have a sinthetic stock and all the rest of it then maybe the sak would be best.
If you need to get the barrel screw cut then whatever you do make sure that you go to a good gun smith or even better a gun maker. How the mod is fitted and the muzzel is crowned makes a massive difference to accuracy too. Hope that helps. Also, no offence meant to those with Sak mods.
Kind regards, olaf

I cant remember what the one I have is called, Im pretty sure its made by Swift ?? but all I know is that even my .17 has been reduced by an amazing amount, I had a Sak before and it cant touch it, only cost 49 quid and looks the mutts, I got it from Adenborne in Witney Oxon, have a word with Bruce there as I seem to remember he would do a discount for forum members? The mod comes in .17 and .22 versions

yes richard pope of swift precision rifles makes those mods they are very good and light. if its the carbon one.

on a 22lr there sint alot of difference between them all with sub ammo. i use a logun decimator on mine and its good

A-Tec CMM4 modular rimfire moderator.
Does a brilliant job - very easy to clean too

Daz

I bought a Ruger 22/77 and it came with a PH strippable and i have tried others but the PH is back on... such good BRITISH engineering is worth using... Good British jobs for good British people??

Back