MacAskill out!!

goathunter1

Muppet MacAskill has been dumped by Ms Sturgeon in her reshuffle. Thank the bloody Lord. I suppose we can now worry about the new man, but surely no one can be as bad as Calamity Kenny. Surely.

Who knows, the new man was a junior justice something or other in the past, hopefully he hasn't been influenced by Kenny.

Can't see the Scottish air rifle 'law' getting the chop though, too politically motivated, can't do an about face on this one.

hh

Great news...but what about the policy failures he leaves behind him?

I also see that the SNP proposed and passed a motion (seconded by Paul Wheelhouse??) at their conference last week, calling for the regulation and licensing of the shooting industry.

They are also looking deep into the workings of the deer sector and not with favourable eye,s. There could be changes ahead. :love:

I did notice that the Scottish Police Federation ( if that is its name) did come in with the voice of reason and say the air gun legislation was probably unworkable or unenforceable or both. Of course that may not matter to a politician in the slightest. They can score a point and say "we enacted this". I still think MacAskill getting the boot is a good start to the weekend.

I just wonder, given the comments above, if the administrators of this fine site can tell us how many Scottish members there are? Enough I imagine to be quite a strong lobby. Can we make a difference?

Legislation dosent solve gun crime with two incidents of assault rifles illegally held in the last couple of weeks being discharged the money being wasted would be better spent stopping the Eastern European gangs smuggling there weapons in to aberdeen

I just wonder, given the comments above, if the administrators of this fine site can tell us how many Scottish members there are? Enough I imagine to be quite a strong lobby. Can we make a difference?

Doubt it!! There were quite a few on here who thought this bunch of useless chancers were fit to run an independent country!!

Legislation dosent solve gun crime with two incidents of assault rifles illegally held in the last couple of weeks being discharged the money being wasted would be better spent stopping the Eastern European gangs smuggling there weapons in to aberdeen

:rofl: How are they going to manage that ? They can't stop drugs and phones going into prisons ... and they're supposed to be some of the most secure sites in the country :rofl:

McAskill might be gone but his policies are still on the cards.
Air rifle licencing and dropping corroboration for example.
The latter may well ultimately mean police operating singly here as they do in England.
Wonder if the police have have considered that.
Time will tell.

Corroboration isn't the case in England, as you say (except in certain circumstances, such as speeding). But in practice, if a police officer says one thing and the defendant says another, then invariably, without any sort of corroboration, the finding will always be not guilty, as there's reasonable doubt.

As for restricting the shooting industry and faffing about with stalking, I really don't see what they hope to gain. It's a lot safer than many other activities. Surely they'll be jeopardising a fair portion of the country's income. Possibly that's the great plan. Licence the hell out of anybody doing it for themselves, nationalise all the big estates and get that income going into the government's coffers. Not so different to the Highland Clearances when you think about it.

I love Scotland, but I have to say I'm happy living south of the border.

Back