Windows 10

I just upgraded too.. There seems to be quite a few blank screens on boot up? Or maybe that's just mine :drool:

We just done the same upgrade, and now can't download pics from our camera. Worked fine before. Now having to download onto a different (offline) computer then transfer by flash drive. Bit of a PITA.

win 10 still out as to if its better do like the ask me anything but don't bother she won't make you an egg banjo and a brew already asked :rofl:

try and download the drivers for the sd card reader boys acer did it when 8.5 came out

mmm just got a windows phone.... cannot get a good gps tracker on it
like Android.
Foolishly "upgraded" my computer to windows 10. yesterday
useful stuff I cannot find and seems clogged up with sports news
celebrity news and rubbish I don't want.... we will see how it pans out

mmm just got a windows phone.... cannot get a good gps tracker on it
like Android.
Foolishly "upgraded" my computer to windows 10. yesterday
useful stuff I cannot find and seems clogged up with sports news
celebrity news and rubbish I don't want
.... we will see how it pans out

Yes much the same as me.

I like 7 and have it on desktop and work laptop so when I bought a back up laptop which came with 8 as the OS it was a "surprise".
Not easy to get on with but I persevered and by deleting quite a bit got something that was workable.

Based on what has been written I had hoped that 10 would be a return to something more to my liking- but it ain't and after just 20 minutes of trying to make sense of it I hit RESTORE and will continue with the previous Windows 8 OS

clogged up with sports news
celebrity news and rubbish I don't want....

Glad to find I'm not the only one who's pee'd off about being bombarded with a load of crap I never asked for. This assumption that I want to know the latest celeb scandal and match results drives me nuts. Mobile phones and other devices are pre-loaded on this basis, and you don't seem to be able to get rid of it.

Better still, get a Mac :D

Believe me, Microsoft are driving me that way!!!!

In the words of Nike - just do it.

i got so pi55ed off with boot ups taking ages, updates screwing existing files etc etc so I bought a Mac last November.

Absolutely bloody brilliant - and no, I don't have an iPhone or an iPad because Mac works so smoothly with Blackberry.

Jump. You will not regret it.

I think it time Microsoft realised that there are a huge number of users out there who ain't "Dudes" likely to have a cardiac arrest if they can't access social meeja and continued supporting(and improving) 7 as the default OS whilst relegating all the other junk that is bundled in w8/w10 to downloads.

I upgraded yesterday and so far am quite pleased with it. I am a windows phone user and am now getting my computer to look like my phone, everything the same great. As for not wanting the news and social media apps, just right click on them and unpin them from the start, you can resize the new screen to a small size and use the desktop, just like widows 7. Widows 8 / 8.1 were slow and constantly failing to install updates etc. but 10 seems to have fixed that so far and is a lot quicker. Got say that as far as I am concerned so far it is a vast improvement time will tell.

John

"The Boss" installed her new Win 10 and, I must say, things are very happy around my house, now. She did it all by herself (a first) and is looking forward to connecting her Surface with her Windows phone. If you see a bright mushroom cloud near Loch Ness, you will know it didn't go well.;)

Like John said, so far, so good.

Grant

I upgraded yesterday and so far am quite pleased with it. I am a windows phone user and am now getting my computer to look like my phone, everything the same great. As for not wanting the news and social media apps, just right click on them and unpin them from the start, you can resize the new screen to a small size and use the desktop, just like widows 7. Widows 8 / 8.1 were slow and constantly failing to install updates etc. but 10 seems to have fixed that so far and is a lot quicker. Got say that as far as I am concerned so far it is a vast improvement time will tell.

John
don't give a positive report John! you are supposed to knock it FFS! :stir: :rofl:

Had a mail today from our service department , saying not to install windows 10 due to a virus in a email that gets sent to you .

Back