Blanket ban, 308 maximum for deer.

Thar

I have just received this from my Forestry company with regards to a block that I am the lease holder on, quote:-

Maximum Calibre- The maximum calibre permitted for use on the property is set at .308 or equivalent. There has been several occasions where requests to use excessive calibre rifles have been referred to us by the police firearms licensing departments. Consultation with both the Deer Commission for Scotland and the Forestry Commission has led us to impose this Limit.

This does not effect me or anybody on our lease but it does make you wonder is there a conspiracy in this country to try and make it impossible to own any rifle above 308. We have the muzzle energy limits on military rangers (government body) Deer Commission for Scotland and the Forestry Commission, both government bodies all setting rules of in effect 308 max’.

After all the police wouldn’t want you having a bigger rifle than there 7.62X51mm would they, as that would make them out gunned. :rolleyes:

Am I getting parodied?

Best rgds

Thar

Seems they must have some reason or they would risk a syndicate taking them to task on the subject. If its a private group i would imagine they are setting there own rules.

6.5 x 55 said:
If its a private group i would imagine they are setting there own rules.

Dave my block is with one of the big forestry companies.

Best rgds

Tahr

Kev i don't think it will matter much and most lads will not be effected spoke to a mate in the fc and he said they really didn't have an issue with the top end calibres only the bottom end ones. eg .22 cf,s.

I recon' a few probably have been trying to get there 338 lap’ mags passed for deer.

Best rgds

Tahr

Back