Verein Hirschmann; figures for 2010/11

barongcw

I was talking to the VH when they drew my attention to the tracking figures by the reporting members.

Total searches 14'231.
Succesfull searches 6'107, 43%.
Searches ending with a chase (hetze) 43%.
Searches after other dogs had failed 39%.

The majority were searches after wildboar 4'448, then reddeer 1'276, then fallow 332 and ending with mouflon, sika, chamois and even 1 elk.

These figures show pretty clearly the importance of having hounds trained for tracking as opposed to trailing and the importance of wildboar on german shoots.

Hi Baron
Surprised the successful search rate is so low@43%
Presuming the majority of these searches have taken place on driven shoots the day or 2 after the shoot?
I would be interested in the % finds on the tracks after another dog failed,ie what % of the 39% were successful,much harder for the dog and handler
Very interesting figures

Hi Baron
Surprised the successful search rate is so low@43%
Presuming the majority of these searches have taken place on driven shoots the day or 2 after the shoot?
I would be interested in the % finds on the tracks after another dog failed,ie what % of the 39% were successful,much harder for the dog and handler
Very interesting figures

Do not forget that these are about the most difficult searches you can get as other wild boar and dogs will have gone over the tracks during the drive and boar can go a very long way.

Yes, most of the searches would be either in the afternoon on the morning drive or the next day. Have not yet heart about somebody in Germany tracking at night.

It put that badly. Should have put succesfull in front of the 39% sentence.

I would give tracking wounded boar at night a large swerve;)
Much more scent for the dogs to be put off,so in reality very impressive
Their dogs must be very capable,39% success rate after a dog failing is impressive as well considering the track would be walked all over

Very interesting figures, i was wondering does anyone have access to the danish swisch? (spelling) hound organisation or any other similar tracking type group, if they release there figures. I have seen some figures years ago for the danes, if i mind right involved a lot off RTA callouts so possibly slightlty more similar circumstances to this country, or how dogs/hounds could be used in this country.

Infact very impressive success rate when u think about the disturbance on tracks and possibly poor shot placement

How's your Danish?

http://www.schweiss.dk/media/Eftersøgningssæsone_10_11.pdf

Looks like you're right about the RTAs - page 3.

Plenty of other info on there - homepage at: http://www.schweiss.dk/page13.aspx

Not good enough anymore but I did see that about 90% of tracking is done on roedeer whilst 73% of the VH tracking figures is on wildboar. Did not know that, it explains why the danish can use so many labradors.
As you know roedeer are not tracked by members of the VH or more likely if they do track the odd one they will certainly not admit it.

They tracked 4765 roe, 187 red, 217 fallow, 21 sika, 78 foxs, 46 badgers and 28 others and no wild boar.

Baron. Is there any other tracking orgs in germany that release figures, as i understand the VH is jist for Hanoverian hounds?(i've had a mental block i hope i've got the rite breed, despite reading plenty off ur posts) do other breed hunting societys have similar orgs and release the figures. ie BMH, GSP, GWP, Mustlander etc

Jagare, cheers, wot sort off % recovery do they get and does it vary much between species. Wouldnae imagine very easy to track and find a badger as i'd imagine it would go to ground?

Cheers

Baron. Is there any other tracking orgs in germany that release figures, as i understand the VH is jist for Hanoverian hounds?(i've had a mental block i hope i've got the rite breed, despite reading plenty off ur posts) do other breed hunting societys have similar orgs and release the figures. ie BMH, GSP, GWP, Mustlander etc

Jagare, cheers, wot sort off % recovery do they get and does it vary much between species. Wouldnae imagine very easy to track and find a badger as i'd imagine it would go to ground?

Cheers

I just do not know but I'll ask. Would not be surprised if the Bavarians have figures but they are not on their website.

can someone direct me to a breeder of Hanoverian hounds.. prefer English speaking country... if not than a breeder who can speak english lol must be working animals

please pm for details

Back