moderator for .222?

I have a PES T12 Scout which I use on everything up to my .243
am about to collect a .222 and have it screw cut to accept the same mod

its stainless, strippable, over barrel, very quiet, heavier than most but a few 100g or so doesnt bother me

It depends on how much you want to spend. I use an over barrel 3rd eye tactical spartan (£200) on my 222 and 25-06 it's not the quietest MOD on the market but is doesn't weigh much so your rifle doesn't keep trying to turn upside down on your shoulder when your walking. For the budget end of the market you won't go far wrong with a JLS Stalker end of barrel MOD which can be picked up for £75 new.

Rick

It depends on how much you want to spend. I use an over barrel 3rd eye tactical spartan (£200) on my 222 and 25-06 it's not the quietest MOD on the market but is doesn't weigh much so your rifle doesn't keep trying to turn upside down on your shoulder when your walking. For the budget end of the market you won't go far wrong with a JLS Stalker end of barrel MOD which can be picked up for £75 new.

Rick

is that their claim or yours?
not stirring but would love to see real world comparisons on some of these

I would recommend a DM80, I use them on my 22lr, 17hmr, 6.5X55 and 223, the moderators are very well made and very effective for the cost,

That would be very kind - thank you. Are they bespoke?

I'm really looking for something I can get 'off the shelf' without too much fuss.

is that their claim or yours?
not stirring but would love to see real world comparisons on some of these

Hi its not the makers claim its from my own experience. Ive owned the mod for about 2 years using it 2 or 3 times a week Foxing on foot and on 12 x 5 day long stalking trips. Not many makers would advertise their sound Moderators as not as quiet as ..........!

Mine has 30 cal baffles and i use it on 25-06 and 222 as I don't see the point in shelling out another £200 on a second mod when I don't need to. A mate has 17 cal and 30 cal baffles for his, there is a slight difference between the noise reduction on his 17 fireball with the different baffle stacks.

Rick

Last edited:
Hi its not the makers claim its from my own experience. Ive owned the mod for about 2 years using it 2 or 3 times a week Foxing on foot and on 12 x 5 day long stalking trips. Not many makers would advertise their sound Moderators as not as quiet as ..........!

Mine has 30 cal baffles and i use it on 25-06 and 222 as I don't see the point in shelling out another £200 on a second mod when I don't need to. A mate has 17 cal and 30 cal baffles for his, there is a slight difference between the noise reduction on his 17 fireball with the different baffle stacks.

Rick

interesting.
I am with you on the one size fits all! I spend my £200 on rifle(s).......I only have one mod and I am about to add a 6th calibre to it.

I have heard a lot of moderators at range which is good ballpark comparison but do like the technical comparisons.
I find that even those that claim very large dB %age decrease (which in itself is farcical given the dB systems non linear scale!) some mods have a different sound profile, more "cracky" as they remove the blast and mostly what remains is supersonic crack, some have a more mellow tone and dull much less of the blast but I actually them less intrusive!

Back