Some Mouflon Rams

Fallow Buck

Hi Guys,
Just thought Id share some pics of some Mouflon Rams.

07ebc3f738fb9346b3487607ec31b9cc_zps388f6198.jpg

e87e73e7ed2173d7bbf7f6051b00bc73_zps56f2e9f3.jpg

0e9e718e3aec9f50823a768fe3374530_zps0f9c0fba.jpg

Rgds,
K

Yep there are some nice rams to be had,

I was supposed to be out hunting them last week but (other) work got in the way and so it looks like I need to wait a few months until autumn before I get a chance at one.

The 260 is all set though.... :)

​k

And expensive too no doubt !!

It's all relative - trophy European Mouflon are an expensive species to shoot because there are relatively fewer of them than trophy deer. However, they are fairly good value in Portugal in comparison with other parts of Europe - a nice deep curled trophy ram scoring 160 CIC points would cost £1,300 and a 200+ CIC point gold medal 400 degree curled monster ram would cost you £2,700, so cheaper that a Red stag at Euston or in the New Forest.

The other advantage of shooting one in Portugal is that the taxidermist we use there is excellent and half the price of getting a mount done in the UK - Mouflon rams look fantastic as chest mounts.

It's all relative - trophy European Mouflon are an expensive species to shoot because there are relatively fewer of them than trophy deer. However, they are fairly good value in Portugal in comparison with other parts of Europe - a nice deep curled trophy ram scoring 160 CIC points would cost £1,300 and a 200+ CIC point gold medal 400 degree curled monster ram would cost you £2,700, so cheaper that a Red stag at Euston or in the New Forest. The other advantage of shooting one in Portugal is that the taxidermist we use there is excellent and half the price of getting a mount done in the UK - Mouflon rams look fantastic as chest mounts.​

Absolutely agree. These were some real beauties and obviously cost the relevent price for such a size and quality.
I had two stand in front of me in Poland when on a driven boar shoot once.
I was privileged to see them as they stood the other side of a bit of scrub and probably thought I couldn't see them.
They came running towards me and then stood playing 'peek - a - boo' for a second or two the took off like rockets.
When on a driven boar shoot I always ignore every thing else, even a wolf on one occassion, got a b***ng for that tho.
The agent said 'pigs only' because he wasn't sure of the guns and erred on the safe side to prevent any dogs being shot.
Later when I spoke to a German speaking forester, he said they wanted it shot as it had been marauding for a few weeks now but none of the foresters had had any luck in finding it !!

Back