rcbs decapping pins

Try midwayuk, they had them the last time I was looking for some. The lee universal decapping die is a good buy too

Last edited:
Try midwayuk, they had them the last time I was looking for some. The lee universal recapping die is a good buy too
Hi Ranger22, i really like the lee stuff despite what people say about it, but i got these rcbs competition dies and there was a neck sizing die in there but no pin, iam currently reloading with lee dies.
Kindest Regards Neil

Hi guys, looking for a rcbs decapping pins, the one wth the head cant seem to find any. Neil

Like as not if you email RCBS they'll get some to you PDQ...just ask them. The type that fit into a removeable 'clamp' type grip on the de-cap rod is part number RCBS 09608 & usually come in a five pack.
Hope that's the right info for you.

I got so sick of decapping pins bending and breaking on once fired or once fired and crimped brass that I made a decapping punch. Now I punch out all the brass before sizing and find it quicker because I can leave the kids to do it! ;)

Genuine question. How much are you guys reloading?

I have been using some of my RCBS dies for 20 years and I've never broken or bent a pin despite a couple of times buying crimped once fired brass in error.

I'm using them in a couple of different presses.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

I have broken one, did it when I was playing around with another press. I now use the Lee universal decapping die for knocking out primers, takes a wee bit less effort to resize cases now

Bah! Knew as soon as I posted on here that it wouldn't be long.

Broke my first decapping pin yesterday. Had spares but not of the headed type so raided another set of dies for the time being.

Like as not if you email RCBS they'll get some to you PDQ...just ask them. The type that fit into a removeable 'clamp' type grip on the de-cap rod is part number RCBS 09608 & usually come in a five pack.
Hope that's the right info for you.

I suppose reading the OP was too difficult?

Back