rifle safe

soother223

Hi Guys,
Just moving into our new house which has taken several years to build & I'm thinking of getting a new gun safe... only got 3 shooters at the moment but was thinking of say a 6 gun safe...
anyone out there point me in the right direction of a good one for around £200 ?

Try the 7 rifle with locking top ammo compartment (SGC6) from ClayShooter Supplies in LEICS. It's a lot bigger than the Brattonsound jobs, and there's room to get another in.
I'm 99% certain that this is the exact model featured in the pics. on the Home Office security Handbook.... which must be 25 yrs old :lol:

http://www.shooterssupplies.co.uk/n6

All the gun-cabinet maker websites give external measurements, but it's the amount of internal room that differs. Heavy vault doors and shot-bolt locking systems take up a lot of that. You should be able to get them in complete with bolts/'scopes fitted + mods (if you use these).

Last edited:
Get one that has plenty of growing room or you will end up like me with two ! And as sinstel said, scopes, bipods, slings and mods take up more room than you expect

Hi Guys,
Just moving into our new house which has taken several years to build & I'm thinking of getting a new gun safe... only got 3 shooters at the moment but was thinking of say a 6 gun safe...
anyone out there point me in the right direction of a good one for around £200 ?
Aim to get a 6/7 extra deep gun cabinet to BS7558 if you have the space, with a lockable ammo/bolt compartment. When you have decided on which brand to get shop around on the internet for best prices but don't rule out a local supplier either. atb Tim

I can heartily recomend the following:

Home Safes, Fireproof Safes, Chubb Yale Burton Phoniex Safe. FREE Delivery

I bought one of their 10 gun rifle safes about 18 months ago, good service and delivered to the door. My FEO said it was one of the sturdiest ones he had seen in some time. And they deliver to your door in the price. I shopped around at the time and they were cheaper than some of the much lower quality ones.

As has been said, buy a bigger cabinet, pay once. We all end up with more guns than we originally intend and who wants to have to buy another safe and faf around fitting it 12 months down the line.

Hope that helps
ATB
Jonno.

The buffalo river safes are worth a look at its sold as a gun safe rather than a cabinet. Have also got a branton sound cabinet and they are very good as well. Both have 1 inch thick bolts that lock the door of the cabinet.

Jase

Get one that has plenty of growing room or you will end up like me with two ! And as sinstel said, scopes, bipods, slings and mods take up more room than you expect

+1. Just looking for a second cabinet myself, and I've not even got my FAC through yet!

Remember that more than one cabinet spreads the risk. You would not like to know how many i have ................................... :rofl:.

Back