Right Time Wrong Place

Funny how a couple of minutes can make a difference to an outing. Good high seat position though ...

gazza ,,,,,I have been in the wrong time, wrong place for the last 3 months, I think I have lost my stalking mojo.

I honestly believe that we all go through these periods from time to time when nothing goes right. I recall a few years back going out with syndicate members to ground in the Borders. My two friends always seemed to get it right but no matter what I did I was coming home blank. Then something changed, the corner was turned and I was back on track. Your mojo will be back.

Yip, Happyhunt. Went into my box at 5.45. Same one you were in at the beginning of the week. Spoiled for choise, 5 came out to play. A group of three, and a pair. The group of three saw of the pair. Thought I had blown it when they all made off into the trees. The 3 came back after 20 minutes. The buck in the lead, Your one by the caravan's BIG brother. The 3 were working across the clearfell. The pair came back out. Again they were chased. This time they came closer. The yearling stood in front of a "ranged "tree (138m) so I dropped her. There was another yearling in the group of three, maybe later. Both mature does looked heavy though so they will be left for another day.

you jammy sod, I spent 2 mornings and an evening in that damn box and never seen a thing, normally on there ,there is a couple of groups working, looks like you found them, as for the buck I seen him a couple of weeks ago ,still in velvet, he did look very good, it looks like he has taken over the terrority of the buck you shot last year.

Out last weekend and saw doe and yearling withn 2 mins of being out car. Couldn't shoot as bottling plant in background. Stalked in again and lost them in the forest only to be caught in the middle of a ride by the doe 40yrds away and me with binos up at eyes. She bobbed back and fore came closer and then with a bark off she went with yearling in tow! Looked round large clear fell area and saw a big buck but as soon as I saw him he disappeared. Found out he used a ditch to slope back to the thick stuff. So back out tomorrow and Sunday to see if we can get them again!

Back