why can't people drive in the slightest bit of bad weather!?

bewsher500

a 20 minutes journey just took me an hour and half

mainly due to idiots in automatic, rear wheel drive cars with stupid summer tyres on, who just think sitting there and flooring the throttle will get them there.

morons!!

one van man trying to get up a hill leaving Edinburgh had a 2 mile tail back behind him.
when I finally lost my patience along with another guy I went to the window and asked him if he was in first gear.
"yes, but it stalls when I put it in second" :doh:

Then stop dumping the clutch you pillock!

braking going downhill on snow
slamming the brakes on at any point
accelerating when the wheels start to slip
stopping on a hill for no reason
driving in the middle of the road for no reason

Christ on a stick they are infuriating!!

please take your slick shod mercedes back home and leave it there until you can drive it properly or the weather gets better!!

You forgot to mention the potential killers who sit 10ft behind you when you are doing a safe speed (all be it slightly slower than the speed limit since it is poor visibility or really icy) and speed past eventually doing a crazy speed. Nearly lost the rag last night driving in rush hour. Felt like pulling over. No wonder there are so many accidents.

I had to look twice at your post as it reads as I have written it...! :)

Bang on.... I have been moaning to myself for many years re these type of drivers.

mainly due to idiots in automatic, rear wheel drive cars with stupid summer tyres on, who just think sitting there and flooring the throttle will get them there.

morons!!

one van man trying to get up a hill leaving Edinburgh had a 2 mile tail back behind him.
when I finally lost my patience along with another guy I went to the window and asked him if he was in first gear.

please take your slick shod mercedes back home and leave it there until you can drive it properly or the weather gets better!!

I am sorry but if you are the cause of an accident due to the incorrect choice of tyres for the weather then you should suffer a penalty same as you would if you caused an accident in slicks

don't drive!!

I would also add the 4x4 'drivers' who believe a 4x4 is immune to the effects of ice and snow; I have had more than one of them sliding towards me broadside on, at some speed, and not always those on the school run.

We should have a law like in Germany, where winter tyres are not mandatory, but if you drive in ice/snow without them and cause hold-ups you are fined.
This means that folk have a choice of either putting proper tyres on, or leaving the car at home if there's ice or snow.

Another thing is that some folk are totally unprepared for getting stuck or breaking down in poor weather.
They come out of a centrally heated house and step into a car that heats up quickly and wearing a T shirt, denims and style shoes.

Wife had to help shove a car (bmw, big wide tyres) up an incline, the passenger got back in as she was dressed as above and was" too cold".
Wife was dressed to go and see her horses so was all togged up...boy was she mad at the passenger :D

Last edited:

morons!!

Morning Ed your right,out driving around Edinburgh with complete arseholes around you.Slight sign of a bit snow and its carnage. I think half of them have seen this video.

The problem is people don't know how to drive in snow. No good putting snow tyres on if you have no idea how to drive in snow.They will just end up in deeper trouble. They need to be taught how to do it

Al

Like this muppet driving yesterday in front of me on an A road for more than half an hour, with his wing mirrors folded... didn't even noticed... :doh:

gz0ElDl.jpg

I think it should be part of the written and practical exam for new drivers. I can feel some one writing a new best practice guide. some valid points but some not so. Snow tyres are good in snow but not on dry good roads so to have them on all the time just in case it snows would be quite wrong.
Most of the ones I was stuck behind couldn't drive period and a few nice fast BMW,S that are not good in slippery conditions.

Snow tyres are good in snow but not on dry good roads so to have them on all the time just in case it snows would be quite wrong.

Perhaps 'snow tyres' is the wrong term. The winter tyres I fit at the start of November just seem grippier whatever the condition of the winter roads.

its only this year that I havent had a set of winters on all year round

what I dont get is the £40-70k car owners who can't stump up £500 to use and potentially save their pride and joy

What do you mean? It's a Range Rover, the advert said it will go anywhere. Go pedal, stop pedal & steering wheel what else is there to know?
If only
Wingy

If you know how to drive in snow you don't actually need winter tyres. It's all about driving smoothly and keeping your momentum going and when it comes to bends knowing how to use the cats weight and brakes to change the direction.

But it winter tyres make it so much easier.

And chains should be mandatory equipment on trucks and buses.

Back