its great to be out

hello all

after a grass field had been cut the farmer was more than happy for me to pay the rabbits a visit .. i took the hmr and had some cracking shots the main patch of bunnies was still in cover he had not cut that patch yet so i was a bit disappointed but still managed a good bag on the other field

free upload pictures

after a wet start to Saturday i did fear i would not make it out .. it rained here from morning to about 6 then the sun came back out i checked the forecast and it said the rest of the evening was going to be a dry one ..

i had a feeling my hot spot farm would have been cut this week so that's where i headed.. as soon as i arrived i could see the lot had been cut yippee i new i was going to be in for a treat...

i love that cut crop feeling every thing becomes visible again and you can spot things a mile off.. i slowly crept along the edge of the fields to my high seat here is where i stayed till about 9.30 but much to my disappointment nothing appeared...
i decided to leave the seat and sit on the wheat stubble for the last 40 min this was the better choice because as soon as i came into the field i noticed a munty walking up the hill towards me i was quite out in the open at this point but i find with munty a lot of the time there in there own little world and she didn't notice me .. i got the rifle on the quads gave a quick OI she a paused and i took the shot dropping her perfectly with a hard hitting neck shot

photo sharing sites

she was beautiful a young doe i took here to one side and sorted here out after the snaps and got her in the carry sack .. i made my way back to the car it was about quarter to ten i though i would stay on for mr fox so i left some of my gear at the car grabbed my lamp and off i went.

after some calling later a fox came from cover into the wheat stubble but was sat in the long grasses it took me a while to get a good id on him as all i could see was a set of glowing eyes ... he eventually came out of cover and i could see 100% it was a fox .
he was sat facing me now and i soon delivered a 243 to his chest

image hosting no register

a lovely evening ending with two shots taken and a deer and fox to show for it...

thanks andy

Get in Andy.................Be nice if some of the other members put there scales down and picked up the rifle Andy...what you recon lol,

Tim.243

Cracking effort Andy and super write up to boot, well done and thanks for sharing.

Back