Men in black

starr shot

People in the south west of England deer area men in black pick ups driving around glassing ground they have no permission on.Then farmer or land owner gets a call to say he has an injured deer on his land would it be ok to dispatch it.An L of A pain when you have watched said deer browsing a few moments before:-|

People in the south west of England deer area men in black pick ups driving around glassing ground they have no permission on.Then farmer or land owner gets a call to say he has an injured deer on his land would it be ok to dispatch it.An L of A pain when you have watched said deer browsing a few moments before:-|

Even when I have permission to shoot over land, I find it difficult to get hold of the farmer / land owner.... Certainly not easy to do.....

Someone actually knocked on a land owners door who I manage for, in Berks, and thankfully they had the sense to call me first, at which point the door knockers said it probably was`nt that bad and left....

I must say I love the cryptics of this post and know that said vehicle has been around this area on numerous occasions be sure to phone the Police and get them there asap as these people need stopping they are far too prolific!

Just received a txt this am about their activities

Yes they are a real pain and the police are on the case but without hard evidence they cannot do anything as yet.

If its the same lot they are coveribg a large area reports from M4 corridor as well.

D

Last edited:
So just to be straight, there is a group driving across the south of England who, when they spy a deer, are able to identify the owner of the relevant land, make immediate contact, and seek permission to shoot on the proviso that they've located an injured deer. Is that a fair summing up? Have any landowners actually been duped?

Novice

They're better men than me then ! I have trouble finding which farmhouse owns what land never mind finding a contact number straight off.

So just to be straight, there is a group driving across the south of England who, when they spy a deer, are able to identify the owner of the relevant land, make immediate contact, and seek permission to shoot on the proviso that they've located an injured deer. Is that a fair summing up? Have any landowners actually been duped?

Novice
it isn't hard with a bit of forward planning glass for a few days go on land register.Bingo and yes some have some have been duped we just have to be more vigilant

This has been put out on farm watch by the rural crime officer. Two smallholders that I know where approached and told that they had just hit a buck, but they where aware of the ruse and told them they had someone who would deal with it. (Guess what , the bucks in question are still very healthy):-|
So tell your farmers /landowners to be aware of this
ps they only seem to hit good quality bucks with their truck not does or cull bucks :banghead:

In the US it would be relatively easy to find the land owner. A GPS coordinate referenced to the local County Land Offices would get you the owner in about a minute if the info is on line. If not, tap the State data base. Do you folks have something like that?~Muir

constantly hearing problems from farms where I have permission. 4x4, shooting at night, gates took off, and with no local policeman anymore they are having to wait for nearest town/city with armed response. Always hear the usual suspects; their coming out of Bristol or travellers. but after reading this not so sure

Back