Rpa owners

Jimbob

Any RPA owners out there, I would love to know your thoughts on your riffle, especially the magazine, mag release and cycle

Cheers

I have the 10 shot mag on mine and it feeds fine. They can rattle abit in the mag housing tho

Have 2nd hand one in 223 with 5 shot mag. No rattles, feeds and cycles smoothly. Am currently trying to develop a load but just shot a half inch 6 shot group at 100m with first reloads. Only gripes are for my particular rifle it would be a bit heavy to lug around and you need to lower the cheek piece to allow removal of the bolt. But I'll happily live with that for my needs.

I've got a 10 shot Interceptor in .308win, no problems with sloppy mags or such like, indeed it seemed to need a bit of running in to get the bolt feeling other than hard work to use.
Dead accurate but wouldn't fancy dragging it up a Scottish (or other) hill, great for high seat work, dead accurate and having a 10 round mag is a nice insurance policy.
I bought mine new from RPA (before the name change), it was set up for me at the factory, ie bore-sighted, before I took it away.
I ran it in down at Bisley, I met Peter there and he helped me out with setting up the stock etc.
All in all, a good experience so far.
I was worried by their name change, but the company contacts and the rest have stayed the same and I have been in contact with recently, so no worries now.
ATB
T

I had a quick go on a friends interceptor again in .308.

lovely to shoot, very heavy but I happily put a few shots between the eyes of a roe target at 600 yards.

I have a T/H Hunter in .308 and until recently had the same in .243

I have more feelings for my .308 than I do for my terrier. Very accurate, never used a rifle that is so tolerant to loads. No probs with magazine rattle on 3 round mag, 10 round mag can rattle a bit, but not enough to p**s me off. Mag release is far superior to my Sako 85! Cycle is not the best, not been let down by it yet but wouldn't want to be trying to reload being charged down by an irate muntjac !

Sticks

I have 5 of them, 4 repeaters and one single shot. Mag can be a bit of a pain and drop out quite easily at times on one of them but as regards build quality they are superb. Mine are all custom builds with border barrels and they are phenomenally accurate. I am quite tall and have large hands and the stocks adjustment is a good job for me aswell as thw adjustable triger blade for my long fingers.
Would buy
Another if my FEO would allow it :)

Garry

:rofl: now this cracked me up:-

Mag can be a bit of a pain and drop out quite easily at times on one of them but as regards build quality they are superb.

Sorry but run that passed me again :confused: exactly how can build quality be superb if your having this issue?

:rofl: now this cracked me up:-

Sorry but run that passed me again :confused: exactly how can build quality be superb if your having this issue?

No problem Sir,
Its a little flaw which I am quite happy to live with considering the enginggering quality of the rest of the gun. Aftera few years of constant hard use I aint complaining! :)
Nothing a new mag catch wont sort out. :)

I have had 2 RPA Interceptors, one 6.5-284 and one 6mm BR. Both were amazingly accurate, amazingly expensive and both single shot. The magazines are really poor for a rifle with such capability! Saying that i have just bought a custom 308 from Dolphin Gun Company which was less than half the cost of an RPA and every bit as accurate and that is on a crappy Remington 700 action!

Back