urban fox

kev.rem700

Has any of you guys had any urban foxes dumped on any of your land you shoot.

in the past 8 years i have shot maybe 30 or 40 foxes big foxes good condition as daft as a cub.

shooting them in 2s 3s and 4s at a time. Here's a pic to show you guys how daft they are.View attachment 21814

Last edited:
That sounds like foxes treated by vets then released on your land when they are fit again. This is of course totally illegal to do this. Try to get proof that this is being done there used to be £2000 up for grabs for anyone who could provide solid proof of this being done.

Regards
Craig

Has any of you guys had any urban foxes dumped or any of your land you shoot.

in the past 8 years i have shot maybe 30 or 40 foxes big foxes good condition as daft as a cub.

shooting them in 2s 3s and 4s at a time. Here's a pic to show you guys how daft they are.View attachment 21814
Yep, I had some getting released every few weeks last year, it was amusing to see them getting lovingley released, make their way to the rotting mackerel I'd left out, just to be shot within 5 miniutes of release, that was good timing :) I then left the carcasses at the release point, funnily enough, they don't release them there any more :)

Yep, I had some getting released every few weeks last year, it was amusing to see them getting lovingley released, make their way to the rotting mackerel I'd left out, just to be shot within 5 miniutes of release, that was good timing :) I then left the carcasses at the release point, funnily enough, they don't release them there any more :)
They dont last long on my land. a night or 2 max.:D

So you get the 'Do Gooders' up north as well? We have quite a few down here also! There is a 'Charity' lest than 5 miles from my home that regularly 'rescues' Foxes and releases them, some very local to me! You can tell them apart from the truly wild ones as they quite often sit there and let you get your rifle out, load it and shoot them!
I'm not saying they are misguided, but i copied this from their website. 'Every year we care for all manner of casualties including the tiniest of mice' Words fail me!
They also regularly chase local hunts causing all manner of trouble and the Police won't touch them, instead they ask the Hunt and their supporters to move on as it is easier and less trouble to do so...........
Keep on knocking them over!

Regards

Bruce

I shot one this March that had been casterated ( dont think it had caught its balls on a barbed wire fence so must have been released after a visit to the vets)

Was on a shoot last season, a white van pulled up on the road next to the gate. Next thing 3 foxes from the back of the van into the field 2 never made it past the guns that had just lined out the other 1 got away but 7 or 8 shots at it I don't think it got away uninjured. The bloke then had the cheek to shout abuse before realising the error of his ways and making off in haste
Wingy

In the past year I removed one with a front leg missing, with very very fresh stitches evidence and anther part grown hair on the side again with the scars of stitches.

The last two years evidence of mange in foxes, been on the ground for more years than I care to remember, had never had mange until last year. Someone is shifting foxes around and not telling

Back