Shooting tripod

carlisleredneck

Hi all. I'm thinking about getting a decent set of shooting sticks, I had a go with my mates tripod ones on the weekend and was really impressed.
ive found these and wondered if anybody else used them.
Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 83
I had a set of knobloch bipod sticks added a leg off a cheap set to make a tripod set I can fold those down if I'm sitting with my back against a tree fence Ect you can't do that with quad sticks can you ?
Norma

Best on the market, bog sticks, sitting, standing, rock steady,most people have problems with sticks as they don,t know how to use them properly, or quickly enough.

I had a set of knobloch bipod sticks added a leg off a cheap set to make a tripod set I can fold those down if I'm sitting with my back against a tree fence Ect you can't do that with quad sticks can you ?
Norma

Just open the legs wider

I use Primos Trigger Sticks & find them to be superb! Having said that, I don't think it's necessarily a good thing to rely on sticks. They're useful sure, but it's a good idea to practice freehand rather than rely on them all the time. If you have a decent technique the sticks will enhance it, rather than make up for a lack of it :thumb:

Hi all. I'm thinking about getting a decent set of shooting sticks, I had a go with my mates tripod ones on the weekend and was really impressed.
ive found these and wondered if anybody else used them.
Cheers

Those look fine but at nearly £80 they are quite expensive. If you can do a bit of basic DIY why not make your own and save yourself quite a lot of money.
Here's how I made a good adjustable set for around a Tenner!

Bogpods are excellent. Limulus' quad sticks are also very nice and incredibly steady - but you really need to practice deployment (regardless of model)

Bogpods are excellent. Limulus' quad sticks are also very nice and incredibly steady - but you really need to practice deployment (regardless of model)

As stated this is everything and why I prefer a single stick for standing shots.

For sitting/kneeling shots I carry a pair of short, leightweight double sticks.

K

With the Primos Trigger Bipod I hunt roe deer up to 200m in the vineyards. Helps me a lot. Got mine cheap in Hungary.

Did my DSC1 last year... sticks must have been one of the hottest debates over the two days... used a tripod (trigger), kinda liked it, but on the hill having to dispatch at reasonably close quarters used a bi-pod (gut shot).. calm nerves more important than worrying about the stix... yes i know all part of it. having viewed many a conversation the hand made (and thus budget) route seems to make most sense to me.

Back