The end of civilisation as we know it?

I like Marmite and I like chocolate. The Christmas before last, I got a Marmite flavoured chocolate bar. My advice to anyone wishing to try this combination perhaps to appear cutting edge, down with the kids or just a bit left field is clear. DON'T!!

I've heard it said Marmite tastes like licking a cats arse. Disregarding the inevitable questions regarding how that parallel was drawn, I have no intentions of finding out for myself whether that statement is indeed correct :eek:

I've heard it said Marmite tastes like licking a cats arse. Disregarding the inevitable questions regarding how that parallel was drawn, I have no intentions of finding out for myself whether that statement is indeed correct :eek:

Having sampled one of those two, I have to say that faced with a choice again in future I'd gladly chance it with the cat's arse. It could at worst only be equally foul!

Marmite the national dish of Burton on Trent

I remember doing an audit at a hotel in Burton a few years back and the manger asked if I would like a bacon buttie and a cuppa, yummy I thought until I bit into the buttie and thought what is that disgusting taste, he had only gone and smothered the bread in that horrible black tar, what a waste of lovely bacon, apparently they put it on most of the food they sold.

In theory I think I should like marmite as I love twiglets but there is something just wrong about it.

Back