End to a perfect day

ezzy6.5

I had a bit of a sh**y day yesterday. I was stuck inside all day and it was a lovely sunny day. In the end I decided, right get the .22 and have a walk around with the dog.
Now Max (the dog) has been steady as a rock to the rifle but last night he decided to start jumping up when i fired a shot ( I was only messing around shooting at mole hills) so i was pretending to stalk along and then put the sticks up and shoot at a safe spot on the ground to see if he run in then correcting him if he moved. After a few shots he was back to his old self and i was just about to move off when i spotted a blo**y great rat creeping along the bank of a ditch about 60yds in front of me. I was already on the sticks so i shot the rat. What I didn't know was that there was a plastic pipe running along the ditch that fed a cattle trough about 500yds away. Who would have thought, a little lead bullet could pass straight through a Rat and still penetrate both sides of a plastic pipe? the water was going 20' up in the air
I was not looking forward to explaining it to the farm owner but he was sound about it and i offered to go down and sort it out for him this morning if he wanted, but he said he would send one of his lads down to do it. I will send him a bottle of Whisky this week as an apology.
600 acres and i manage to put a 22 hole right through the middle of a 25mm pipe.

I hope tomorrow goes a bit better as i'm back at work after 3 weeks paternaty leave.

Ezzy

Twice this year ive had a terrier to ground and cut through a water pipe with the first shovel full , ive never done it before in 20 years

I had a bit of a sh**y day yesterday. I was stuck inside all day and it was a lovely sunny day. In the end I decided, right get the .22 and have a walk around with the dog.
Now Max (the dog) has been steady as a rock to the rifle but last night he decided to start jumping up when i fired a shot ( I was only messing around shooting at mole hills) so i was pretending to stalk along and then put the sticks up and shoot at a safe spot on the ground to see if he run in then correcting him if he moved. After a few shots he was back to his old self and i was just about to move off when i spotted a blo**y great rat creeping along the bank of a ditch about 60yds in front of me. I was already on the sticks so i shot the rat. What I didn't know was that there was a plastic pipe running along the ditch that fed a cattle trough about 500yds away. Who would have thought, a little lead bullet could pass straight through a Rat and still penetrate both sides of a plastic pipe? the water was going 20' up in the air
I was not looking forward to explaining it to the farm owner but he was sound about it and i offered to go down and sort it out for him this morning if he wanted, but he said he would send one of his lads down to do it. I will send him a bottle of Whisky this week as an apology.
600 acres and i manage to put a 22 hole right through the middle of a 25mm pipe.

I hope tomorrow goes a bit better as i'm back at work after 3 weeks paternaty leave.

Ezzy

Bad luck! At least you did the right thing, eh? ~Muir

Back