FAC processing / renewal delays - Sussex

Deerfella

Quick note to let Sussex FAC holders / applicants know that there are delays of over 3 months in processing :eek:.

Get your docs in for renewal, etc. in really early people so that they have time to deal with it!

Quick note to let Sussex FAC holders / applicants know that there are delays of over 3 months in processing :eek:.

Get your docs in for renewal, etc. in really early people so that they have time to deal with it!

"really early" ..... Why?

Why not do it on time? and require them to provide the obligatory temp permit... nothing like some unfavourable stats for getting "them" to up "their" game.

I agree with you Tamus - in an ideal world and all that...

Just trying to help others avoid the hassle of asking for a Section 7 permit.

I'm not sure I like the idea of doing my renewal before it is requested.

Wilts sent me a reminder 8 weeks to the day.

Was going to tell you how good they have been, even with my initial co-signitory hiccup but I guess that's not what you want to hear right now.

I think I agree with previous posts that the onus must be on the force concerned if you have applied in good time. No more G4S nonsense.

Am in Staffordshire region, sent all paperwork in in June for an August renewal, nothing by October, asked for Temp or guarantee I wouldn't be prosecuted for illegally held firearms which arrived in post the next day, new certificate arrived in Febuary, bad enough in its self but do you know what pi**ed me of the most when it arrived?They'd backdated it to the previous August!!!!!

Got to tax my truck end of month, thought I might do it four months after it expires, due to the fact that I am overworked, don,t think when I am stopped by the police they will accept that excuse.

Back