ATEC cnm4 mod cleaning

mChavez

Hi all,

Do any Atec owners clean their mods after a shoot? If you do then how do you clean them?

Thanks,

Chavez

i dont have an atec but with my ase i just flood it with whatever ,wd ,tt,legia,etc stand muzzle down on rags and drain dry,all crud blasts out on first zero shot, doug,

I just spray some WD40 in both ends when ive had a shot through it and occasionally i take it apart and grease the threads

I keep the threads between the sections greased, but I just don't understand people's obsession with cleaning moderators.

Never cleaned my A-tec, just as stated I grease the threads every other time when I remove/replace it on to the barrel. Never had a problem so far but I did have a section loosen last time I took it off so just greased that up too and tightened up, one thing to watch out for though is the threads, they are very sharp!

I wouldn't go back to a stripable mod, the amount of time people spend checking if there tight or checking that they havnt locked together while we are out shooting is unreal

just a non strippable, non rusting fit and use mod for me why do you need the hassle of stripping a mod for just to wipe of a bit of residue

I dont spray anything in mine all I do is pull it thru with the snake that's it and in the cabinet it goes

i clean all the muck of the crown religiously every outing and a drop of 3 in 1 oil on muzzle threads which I consider more important

If you really want to clean it, just strip it and stick each section in an ultrasonic tank. Grease the threads before you put it back together.

I found that the mod is more effective when dirty, so the most attention mine gets is a smear of copper grease on the threads every couple of outings and a wipe down if it gets wet. I suspect that even that limited regime might be giving it more attention than necessary.

Back