WSM/WSSM owners help please

Greener Jim

Those who own a WSM or WSSM could you please measure the rim and groove diameter on your brass please?

I have the max allowable dimension off the CIP database, I'm just curious as to if it varies much below that in real life.
CIP lists rim at 13.6mm and groove at 12.19mm.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jim,

Happy to measure it tomorrow for you, if no one me beats me to it (too late now) if it helps I could drop you a couple of cases in the post - sold the rifle..

Steve

Fantastic Steve. I'll Pm you tomorrow about the case (i'd only need one for reference), I'd obviously cover postage for you. Thanks very much.

Fantastic Steve. I'll Pm you tomorrow about the case (i'd only need one for reference), I'd obviously cover postage for you. Thanks very much.

Jim,

Just measured them and picked cases that differed the most, rim measured between 13.52 - 13.59mm and groove measured between 12.13 - 12.19mm. This is Winchester 243 WSSSM brass measured with Mitutoyo calipers.

No postage needed Jim, just an address buddy.

.270WSM Winchester brass

13.59mm - 13.62 mm rim diameter
12.29mm - 12.33mm groove diameter

the range is down to lack of uniformity as you rotate the case

Thanks for the measurements everyone. Gives me a little idea of what real brass measures in at. Hopefully we'll get more people chiming in.

You know what Steve, I don't think I'll need that case. Thank you very much for the offer.

Thanks for the measurements everyone. Gives me a little idea of what real brass measures in at. Hopefully we'll get more people chiming in.

You know what Steve, I don't think I'll need that case. Thank you very much for the offer.

Any time Jim, just ask if you change your mind.

Hi....

Winchester 300WSM brass.....
Rim 13.513 - 13.538mm
Groove 12.065 - 12.116mm

Regards, Rob.

Back