big boar

apollo

The pics aint great but its the only camera i got working at the moment, just a comparison pic with a boar we photographed saturday and sunday

Attachments

• PIC_0048.JPG
    PIC_0048.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 159
  • PIC_0122.JPG
    PIC_0122.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 174
mate i thought it was a cow....lol...we went there friday night and had a group come through the wood behind us and wind us at about 15 yards, we then spent half an hour listening to one on its own snapping every branch in the wood:)

weve just yesterday picked up a small area for six weeks as they are going to fence the field off to keep them out, if you didnt live 5 hours away that one would have yur name on it for your hospitality before xmas and your always welcome to come try your luck on one...

this is a a pic of a fallow doe and one of him to see size differance

PIC_0136.jpg

PIC_0121.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that is one big boy. Wouldn't like to meet him on a dark night in a bad temper - you'd want him to go down and stay down!

Last edited:
Eddie

Chase him up my way any time your ready mate ;) I take it you will be camped out after him until the fence is up.

Atb

Wayne

Best of luck and thanks for the offer mate he shure is tempting but i will leave him to you boys i would only miss :lol:. Keep me a few slices that will do me.

wayne mate youve seen more big pigs than ill see in a lifetime so we are keeping this one down our end of the woods...:lol:...all jokes aside im not sure you would want a slice off him as hes proberly past his sell by date but with some venison im sure a pack or two of sausages will make it to glasgow soon 6 pointer.

hes on a patch we found about a month ago just knocking and throwing names in but the new ground we have only one feild is being fenced so may be some room for movement...

this is a a pic of a fallow doe and one of him to see size differance

PIC_0136.jpg

PIC_0121.jpg

Oh he's a big old boy alright! reckon he's into the 200kg+ bracket. Good luck apollo, he will provide you with a few tense outings, he didn't get that big by being daft! Green with envy mate, hope to see a follow up post.
ATB
Pete

Hey Eddie i hope its not the same as that massive buck you put pictures of up chirst i couldnt sleep at nigh thinking about him and he is still out there a year and six months later. :rofl: Go on put a piture up just to **** me off.

wayne mate youve seen more big pigs than ill see in a lifetime so we are keeping this one down our end of the woods...:lol:...all jokes aside im not sure you would want a slice off him as hes proberly past his sell by date but with some venison im sure a pack or two of sausages will make it to glasgow soon 6 pointer.

hes on a patch we found about a month ago just knocking and throwing names in but the new ground we have only one feild is being fenced so may be some room for movement...

Eddie, I've told you before not to mention my personal life online:oops::oops:

:lol::lol: Good luck hope you connect with him soon mate. I think he might be a bit tough eating though, lots of sausages comes to mind:D

Wayne

Oh hes not daft boys, we was out last friday and he was inside the tree line and after half an hour waiting he dissapeared, we fed a small area that night and left and he was out saturday night into sunday....:)

So we fed up on the monday and went up wednesday for 5 hours and he didnt show, looked at the pics when i got in and he had been there the night before....lol

And he will only be sausages wayne he will be like old boot leather...:lol:

PIC_0088.jpg

PIC_0121.jpg

PIC_0096.jpg

PIC_0114.jpg

Last edited:
I will be on my way for him soon as my fo gets my boar permission sorted. I think a 55 grain .223 sp will sort him no problem.;)

im sure if your 223 has a heavy barrel you could finish it off by whacking it to humainly dispatch it .....:lol::lol:

At the risk of sounding heretical, but why would you want to shoot it ? I would guess it is not the best eating, I would guess that it is fine breeding stock and I would guess that there are a greater number of smaller, more tasty, beasts available ?

its a case of the damage has to stop, we use bait points to keep it minimal in one area or corner of a field, he wont be shot as a trophy or as a tasty beast but when shot he will be eaten and not wasted
so to have a chance of shooting the smaller more appealing pigs this one has to be taken too, hope this answers your question, the ground is the priority for the landowners

DSCN1810.jpg

DSCN1811.jpg

and we stayed till 12.45 am on the 17th and he came out at 2.13 am....lol

PIC_0006-2.jpg

Back