official answer please.

swampy

guys what is the current official answer to "what do i do with the Gralloch" question?

steve

As mark H says, bury it away from footpaths and at least 50 mtrs from a stream or river.

Hope that helps.

wadashot

Obviously I do this to the letter every time! ;)

It is obviously much more important to dig a 1m deep grave for your gralloch than it is to get the carcass off the field and into the chiller quickly!

hi swampy
not sure why you posted this question, as i am sure you know the answer, what i thought you may of been better of asking is what do we do with the gralloch
years ago a i used to take it with me and tried washing the paunch out and stuff it with allsorts then cooked and ate it but decided it was better fed to the dogs , as for the intestines (ropes)they were washed and used for sausages but now i buy pig skins instead so the method i use is
the fcuk it method
fcuk it in the hedge :D
yours truly stone

To be honest swampy mate, when monynut put 1m deep, i thought it was a bit deep myself but didn`t want to say owt as he must have got his info from somewhere. I mean, 1m deep, that`s 3.3 foot, :eek: god sake you would be diggin for ages. When i did my level 1, i can`t remember there being a depth level. I have tried looking for it in my level 1 book but can`t see it, but it is 8 years old now, so i suppose it could have changed.

wadashot.

I've read that metre deep thing somewhere, quite recently but can't remember where. All I can remember thinking is that it must have been dreamt up by some **** who had never left an office. I would like to see whoever came up with the idea bury it a meter deep on a highland hillside! I don't think I would live long enough to dig a suitable hole up the hill.

Mother nature spent a long time developing her refuse disposal team and getting it just right, how long did it take to develop the fool that came up with this idea? Me I like to feed nature and just leave it lying, I should add that did I stalk where the general public had access then I would make an attempt to conceal it in a hedge or somewhere.

John

It say's quite clearly in my book 1000mm deep in a hole 450mm x 500mm.
If the soil is light be prepared to go down to 1500mm. The hole should be filled in and leveled to the surrounding area. new turf should be laid on top, before placing the little stone cross and playing the last post on your hunting horn. P.S. Don't forget to give the coordinates to DEFRA so they can be plotted on their record map.
(Like my post it's just such a lot of cr....p) The area I stalk is thick with red kites, and yet we still have to dispose responsibly of the pluck. Less than a couple of miles as the kite flies they are feeding the bloody things with...............? have a guess. :confused: :confused:
P.S. Swampy my friend I mean no offence, the whole thing just seems so daft to me. I will now consult my book of words to see if I can find the politicaly correct answer.
Kind regards,
Mark

Usually as you finish the gralloch the crows are circling like buzzards.
by the time I get back with a spade its all gone.

bobt said:
Usually as you finish the gralloch the crows are circling like buzzards.
by the time I get back with a spade its all gone.
Amazing!! The same often happens on one of the less P.C. estates I stalk.
It can be a looooooooong slooooooow walk sometimes! :lol: :evil:

Going a little off key.The deer at Baronsdown are fed by man but Defra wont take action over the TB and untrue the comment made by Batchelor, infected carcasses when submitted (nudge wink) are burnt never rendered.You have more chance of finding a straight banana than getting a definitive answer from them.Pass the parcel !!!!
Morena

i would think the best place to go and find the answer would be BASC or the C/A. my self i like to put back some of what i take out and help to feed nature and do it the old fashioned way and split the stomach and then try to put the graloch out of site, but to be honest it wiil begone by the next day. BEARDY

Re: why

swampy said:
In case there had been a change of thinking. i can't get over the meter deep thing
ahh, now i understand my mistake, as for this metre deep hole i think they used to call it a pit and most estates had one to put the gralloch,legs, head and anything else ,of which they had a secure lid on to stop people and other wildlife falling into ,it was never emptied as the waste just rotted away nowadays i hear that they are pushing for you to use an incinerater but it needs to be registered with defra so they can be inspected regulary and another point is that incineraters registered for deer waste are classed as fallen stock incineraters so can be used for farm stock as well but not for domestic (cats ,dogs, budgies etc etc) but the ashes has to go to a registered tip not on the roses bed, all cost money i'm afraid
stone

Official Answer Please

I find that Messrs. Fox and Badger Ltd. do a very efficient disposal business and offer numerous branches usually rural based, throughout the UK, although you must deliver to their doorstep for complete clearance ;)

Back