Head from last year

remmy243

Shot this buck last year and forgot about it drying out . What you think ?
It ways 428grm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 164
Nice head but at 428g full skull it shouldn't be medal class if that's what you're asking.

You ask you get told, if you don,t want to know don,t ask, if the question had been " this was my first ever roe head " what do you think, he may have got a different reply no doubt, the fact is its average.

I think that's a nice head to be proud of, at 428 grammes - 90 grammes for full skull = 338 grammes
According to the English Roe Review 2011 a head weighing 336 grammes scored 114.90 CIC points (Bronze, very nearly Silver)
and another weighing 326 grammes scored 105.25 (Bronze)
So if you want to know if it will make a medal you need to send it to CIC and have it measured. It may not look enormous but you never know, it could scrape a Bronze!

Shot this buck last year and forgot about it drying out . What you think ?
It ways 428grm

Really needs to be 450-500g to qualify for medal, but as it cost nothing if it doesn't make a medal, it wouldnt do any harm taking it along to Scone, but think it may be a bit light, you should've took it down to Kelso.

Moose

Below is a picture of 1 Gold, 2 Silver and a Bronze which weighed 450 grammes.
The Bronze was CIC measured and made just 106.3 points.
Look at the brow tines which are large and symetrical.
Unless such heads are very large for volume they struggle even for the basic Bronze at 105 CIC points.
HWH.

Remmy its a good solid buck dose not look like it will make a medal but hey i shoot some areas that will never produce a medal no mater what i do but as long as the deer are the best the ground can produce that's all that maters.

Back