Moderators (suppressors) heading your way

I see that one poster on that forum seems to think that moderators may be a bit of a rarity in the U.K.
Some body needs to inform him that in actual fact the majority of stalkers in the U.K. have been using moderators for some years now and the country is virtually awash with various makes both home grown and from other European countries but mainly Scandinavia.

Any idea who'll be retailing them here? They're very light and if the price is about what they cost in NZ they should do well. Does anyone know what the noise reduction is like?

Sorry, I cant help with retailers. Maybe flick DPT an email and ask them.
They have proved to be very popular here in NZ. A mate has 3 on various cals and I have been impressed with them as far as noise reduction goes.

PS; I have asked them who will be retailers. Will post here when I hear back

Last edited:
I don't know who the current importer is but I seem to remember moderators being imported from New Zealand a few years back by a gunsmith based in the west country. I'm not certain who that gunsmith was or even if they are still the importer but the name dpt seems to ring a bell and at the time they had a good reputation from what I can remember.
They are certainly up against some stiff competition these days as I've just done a search for moderators and there were something like thirty different makes listed and I could think of one or two that weren't on that list.

Back