ordered myself an NM800 light

johnny77

odered one of these yesterday around 11 oclock and it arrived to my door in n ireland 22 hours later....wow first class service..many thanks

I ordered one on Monday @ 14:30 it arrived 09:00 Tuesday... what a service, and what a light.

odered one of these yesterday around 11 oclock and it arrived to my door in n ireland 22 hours later....wow first class service..many thanks
Received mine next day awesome piece of kit, First trip out dead fox, see out to 300yds easy :)

Received mine next day awesome piece of kit, First trip out dead fox, see out to 300yds easy :)

Hello .243Ady.

If you don`t mind me asking, with what sort of NV unit is that with ?? Digi, Gen 1 etc.... I have heard a lot about these, but I want to know if they are better / more effective than a laser I have mounted already.

Thanks in advance.

Neil.

In my experience with an archer mine the nm is far more effective it literally is like switching on a floodlight to a good 250 yards plus

these tiny wee lights are brighter than a hella roof light, and ya diny need a pickup to put it on

Hello .243Ady.

If you don`t mind me asking, with what sort of NV unit is that with ?? Digi, Gen 1 etc.... I have heard a lot about these, but I want to know if they are better / more effective than a laser I have mounted already.

Thanks in advance.

Neil.
HI
I don't use NV just got the red LED works well.

Last edited:
Anyone found a way of adjusting the beam so it's centred on the scope?
Mounted mine on knurling behind lens, I tried mounting it on the extension tube but found it to be to low. Mounted on knurling the crosshair on my scope sit's about 1/4 the way up from bottom of square but dead center. I had to play about a bit to get it right. The light is mounted on top of my S&B, found this to be the best position with no MOD shine.

Last edited:
A question for anyone with one of these: has anyone found that the battery runs itself flat when left in the torch (ie. light off, and just sitting)?

I get about 3 hours continuous use from a fresh battery.

But if I use it for an hour or two, then leave it for a few days and come back to it, it's flat.

Even goes flat after no use at all if the battery is left in the torch.

A question for anyone with one of these: has anyone found that the battery runs itself flat when left in the torch (ie. light off, and just sitting)?

But if I use it for an hour or two, then leave it for a few days and come back to it, it's flat.

If you unscrew the battery cap 1/4 turn I believe this disconnects the batteries my make them not lose charge, I always remove them if not in use.

i've not found that with mine it only gets charged occasionally

I use mine with two batteries, gets left for days without going flat. You might have a faulty torch or battery. Have you tried a different battery?

al

Andy, I think you have the Nm800 with a red LED not an IR led that is red but wouldn't light up anything at all! The bracket that comes with the Nm is fairly basic but usually works OK. There is an adjustable bracket on the market, I think Tony at Taclight does them that if you could fit it would solve the problem.

Edit. Don't try using the red LED with night vision. It must be the IR type

Last edited:
Hi Young Man

Have you tried it on the longbow yet? Mine is excellent on the archer grade1.
I will send you a picture of the mounting to allow you to put one as a direct replacement for the firefly.

You should try it with the HV white LED, awesome to say the least

Al
Had a couple of lamp shy foxes to get, they seem to tolerate the red lamp a bit more. Even picks out eye shine from partridge/duck never seen before whilst using lightforce. Gives you a good idea where charlie might be hunting :). Gonna get the white LED soon.

Back