Needing a new scope

Alan413

Hi all
i am looking for a new scope for the .243. I have a bushnell 5-15x40.
I am wanting something better in low light.
I am doing a lot of lamping and sitting out early and late.
Needs to be light for the hill reds.
What do people think.
And if any one is want a good bushnell scope let me know.
But wont sell until I get a new one.
Cheers
​alan

If I were you I would stick with the magnification range that you have or something very close but increase the objective size to 50mm or 56mm and step up the quality if you can. If you can stretch to it I would go to illuminated reticle too. Swarovski Z6i 2.5-15 or 3-18 would be what I would go for. It will hurt in the wallet at the time but you will always know that you have the best and it will retain its value very well.

Just re-read your post. If the weight is an issue look at the Z6i 2.5-15x44, I have one of these, the quality of the optics make up for the slightly smaller objective.

I have just bought a Meopta 6 x 24 x56 and the other rifles i have all have big zeiss this was a lot cheaper and i cannot fault the glass i have compared it against a big zeiss and you cannot tell the difference and cost was not an issue

swillington shooting supplies are doing the 5-15x56 minox ze5 illuminated 30mm tube at £895. had a look at one a few weeks ago and i'm very impressed! if I was working i'd had bought one by now without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!

if you want a big swarovski, not to heavy on the rifle or on your wallet.superb glass and in top condition too.

i know where a pv-s 6-24x50 tds ret is for good money.

bob.

zeiss duralyt 3-12x50 IR ,, Great scope in low light, Countryman of Derby are doing them for £799 I think..

I use a zeiss duralyt 4-12x50 non ir on my .243 for lamping and day time use and I find it superb for the money,

Weight of a 8x56 S&B is just a bit OTT for the hill, and no zoom.....
My favourite foxing and hill scope is the 6.5-20x50 Zeiss Conquest, great for lowest light also.
I have three of these scopes in the meantime. Very light, crystal clear and it has side parallax.
edi

Zeiss HT for low light, I haven't seen better to date and a nice small IR dot that can be adjusted or switched off under the lamp. If over budget the duralyt with IR is a good option.

I use a bushnell legend 5-15x40 on my 222. I use it north of the border for deer and fox and it is also my main foxing tool back in England, I've never found it lacking at dawn, dusk or under the lamp. Have you tried dropping the magnification at first and last light? I do have a 4-12x50 PMII on my 25-06 which is magic at light gathering but is very heavy.

How much do you want for your scope? I'm getting a 30-06 soon and would be interested in it.

Rick

Back